The idiots singing 3 lions throughout lightning seeds set

Guest Marshall

anyone see lightning seeds to have the set partly ruined by these idiots? ok it was fine at first but some sang it during songs and had no interest in anything else in the set, it was mainly kids although they were joined by that fat drunk guy who they seemed to think was some sort of legend, in my book he was a dickhead! absolutely no respect for the band or the majority wanting to listen. Still Lightning Seeds were fantastic despite this and Ian Broudie did his best to ignore it (mostly). Of course they didn't play it! so those idiots wasted an hour.

the only reference he made to them was announcing one of the songs isn't about football! :ph34r:

yeah it was a rare thing to happen at summer sundae most bands just play their sets without anything like that going on, thankfully.i think it was one of my very few bad points of the weekend

I was so impressed at Mr Broudie putting up with it with such good grace.

We're seeing the Lightning Seeds at Loopallu in Scotland next month - I bet he doesn't sing it up there either!!!!!

Man, they were annoying!! Shouting 'Easy! Easy! Easy!' as well for some reason. They were standing about 5 or 6 feet from me and I even felt the need to shout at them to shut the f%!* up as well, though I not sure how effective it was. They were better once the ring leader got chucked out, but still very irritating. On the plus side, The Lightning Seeds were absolutely brilliant!! They played a great set with some great oldies thrown in. I was really pleased to here All I Want, Sense and Pure. The only song which was missing for me was Perfect which was the song which got me into them in the first place. It didn't detract from a great gig though. I should think Mr Broudie is pretty used to idiots singing Three Lions through his gigs though and I'm sure it isn't half as bad as it used to be!!

Edited by Tomisme

Must put in a word for the Showsec Supervisor, the one with the wilting stare. I think he got that incident just about right. I've seen plenty of security let that sort of thing go for an easy life. I've also seen then pile over the barriers and start a riot. Top job. He also made a point of checking that a kid in the second row was OK after the ring leader has been removed.