Where is brown gate

Guest lidds

just looking on google maps and trying to get my head around this new system i will be coming from the south and the idea of driving all the way up to the A659 roundabout seems stupid to me would i be right in asuming the brown gate is actualy the turn off the A1 just before you get to bramham (coming from the south)

Edited by lidds

It seems that they are now having different routes in depending on the day.

Thursday - coming from South , turn off onto A64 then into site , going down the Wild Mint Alley should put you near brown

Other Days - Continue up A1 Past Bramham and take a new route in

Hope that is correct !

Yeah this has confused me...

Is it still ok to drive through Thorner to the bus drop off point/staff car park on the Wednesday... they always tell you not to but it's always been possible!

We come from Hedingley and drop off all the stuff then someone drives the car back and gets on a bus... don't really wanna be forced to park on site!

Yeah the guest car park is where we usually do the drop off, just said Bus Gate cos more people know where that is... as long as we can still get there somehow on Wednesday morning, it's cool... if its still the staff/guest car park, I'll be fine... and if the roadblock is marshalled by stewards instead of security I should be ok...

Basically, we camp by the Duracell tent, and don't like to keep our cars on site! So the bus gate is the only option!

the reason they've changed the system is cos the exits off the A1 have changed with the widening and improvement works, especially around bramham and wetherby. not sure if the thing about closing the road into thorner is right though - they'll have to maintain access for residents cos otherwise locals will be made to take a massive detour and they won't like that!