Well done Bella

Guest OneLittleFish

Great year! Only downer was finding out that a job interview that I'd had on Thursday morning hadn't gone well and got a phone call that I hadn't got the job about an hour before Broken Records, so ended up moping about in front of the Garden stage for a bit before bumping into Paul still in a bit of a funny mood. Took my old man after he said last year that he'd love to go to a festival "if he was a little younger", but camping in the quiet field was spot on and he's planning on returning next year as well, so all went well.

Loved British Sea Power, Lau, Broken Records, Sons & Daughters, Alabama 3, Editors, Babel and Rebecca Hollweg. Hated Pearl & The Puppets (how irritating can one singer be?) and thought that Noah & The Whale were absolute pish.

How was everyone elses Bella?

First Bella for me, i hope to come back next year.Had thought it wouldnt top Rockness, but it did.Amazing atomosphere,especially in the crowds.

Could have done with a bit more lighting in the festival area, only fault i have found with the festival.Even my bruised foot didnt ruin my mood :lol:

Loved Editors, Alabama 3, Alex Cornish, Our Lunar Activities, Phantom band

Well, what a brilliant weekend, as usual. Was there from gates opening and enjoyed every minute. My highlights were Editors, Seth Lakeman, Our Lunar Activities, dancing with friends insanely to Kismet, Orkestra del Sol and congas. My daughters highlight was Tommy Reilly. The only downer for me was suffering a terrible hangover on the friday morning and the damn hooray kids that camped in quiet near to us on saterday-what a ridiculous mess they left.

I believe I enjoyed the ceilidh much more this year and did dance rather a lot too :lol: .

Mothers Ruin was a good addition, and liked the layout of the arena this year. Especially that they had moved the bar and there was the big space in front for people to sit and drink and chat. Not sure how my 13 year old daughter ended up with a weekend adult wristband and not an under 18s though :)

Fantastic time had by our group - all 29 family and friends - young kids, teenagers and adults wanting to be kids!!!

From the 1pm start on Thursday to the slightly jaded exit on Sunday - superb weekend.

New highlights were the increased space where the hothouse stage used to be, the better entry system at the family area (avoiding the U turn walk bit!!!) and decision to open up of the back of hothouse stage.

Musically my votes go to those bands that embrace the festival and try to entertain instead of turning out a set by numbers. Those include Alabama 3, The Saw Doctors, Shed Seven, OCS, The Dangleberies (as ever!!!), Washinton Irving, Broken Records and The Last Divide (and The Phantom Band according to friends). One band really not getting it was Noah and the Whale - I thought they were very poor (but just my opinion).

Lowlights were the reduced portaloo numbers and the deteriorating cleaning, the lack of bins and recycling points and the p'd up a*seholes who nicked one of our seats at 5am Sunday.

But these are minor moans, and given all 29 want to go back next year says a lot for the festival - just please don't get any bigger as this could be the road to trouble. :lol:

yeah was a smashing festival good crowd good banter no bad priced and good bands and really clean good for kids so ill be taking my wee one back next year he had a brill time 2 ....belladrum is the only festival i would take a kid to ...its good for familys and youger ones :rolleyes:

Edited by Discobadger