Family-friendly comedy?

Guest onykahonie

I only recognise a few of the comedians' names on the line up, but have you-tubed some of the others, and haven't found one yet who would be suitable to take my kids to watch! ;)

Are there any who might be suitable for an 8 and 10 yr old to watch or will dh and I have to take turns going into the comedy tent? I don't mind the odd swear word, but don't really want them watching stuff with an 'adult' theme!

There was a family entertainer (better than it sounds I assure you) that played last year target audience 3-7years. I can't remember his name but he was dead good - Saturday & sunday lunchtime he was on.

The adult themes run through most of the comedy.

Edited by Ed Leaf

Hal Cruttenden and Steve Day are both excellent and pretty clean. Brendon Burns is the only one that really stands out as being one to avoid. If it's in the afternoon, a lot of acts are likely to do cleaner sets than they would on a rowdy Saturday night club full of stags and hens!

I'm the booker for the Leicester Comedy Festival so hope I can help.

I agree with Mike, Hal Cruttenden (Sunday afternoon) and Steve Day (Saturday afternoon) are both relatively clean in terms of their material. That applies to Rob Deering (Friday Night) too...Can't guarantee they won't swear but have never seen them do anything too risque.

Would rate them as 12A in comparison to Brendon Burns 18!

Thanks

Ad

I'm the booker for the Leicester Comedy Festival so hope I can help.

I agree with Mike, Hal Cruttenden (Sunday afternoon) and Steve Day (Saturday afternoon) are both relatively clean in terms of their material. That applies to Rob Deering (Friday Night) too...Can't guarantee they won't swear but have never seen them do anything too risque.

Would rate them as 12A in comparison to Brendon Burns 18!

Thanks

Ad

Edited by onykahonie