Global 2009 - Your veiws?

Guest FlyingPasty

Well what did we all think?

The weather was spot on so can't complain about that, but the organisation this year seemed awful!

I queued for 4 and a half hours and the queue was probably only 300/400 yards long when we joined it! Last year when i queued up the queue was doubled back on itself and still didn't take as long to get in.

I think the fact they were putting the wrist bands on for you rather than letting u do it yourself made the queues as long as they were, why couldn't they do what they did last year and just give u ur band and tell you to put it on once you'd got to the camp site?

And why no showers in normal campsite this year? Also there didn't seem to be the usual campsite shop near the entrance to blue camping?

Other than that it was top! :P

If someone loves to queue, then this festival was from them.

I queued 5 hours to get in, an hour to get breakfast on sat morning, 15-30mins to use a portloo - so not very happy. I did hear that it took people ages to get out of the carpark on the sunday, i must have missed all that , i drove straight out.

The music was good though, highlight was the spectrum tent on friday.

would think about going vip next year to avoid the queing

it was my first global this year, and yeah the que for the way in was really bad! organisation seemed to have flown out of the window sadly but once in it was all good fun, the ques for some stalls was a joke but then i wouldnt say it dampened my mood! Loved every minute of it really and all the tents had their own little charm! it ws then again only ruined on the way out when we got back to my mates car to find it had been broken into!

i heard prince harry was there on the friday, so they had to beef up security.... (hence my friend getting the finger !!!!! ....really !!!!! ha !!!)

otherwise not too bad .... although ... they did forget the showers in normal camping !!!

tossers..... last year the showers were great too !!!

dj's were very good ... pvd and armin were WAY.. above the rest in my opinion

(honorable mentions go out to: tidy boys, lisa lashes dubfire and john rundell)

p.s. did you see how many thousands left the tent after armin finished !!!!!

poor ol' markus shultz !!!!... it was empty.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to love Global, went a few years running. Last time was in 2007 tho, and we switched to Creamfields because of how shambolic the organisation had been that year. Hope they learn how to sort queues out, then we might go back cos we loved the festival otherwise!