Biggest Clash Fears

Guest DragKnuckles

I am not one for getting overly upset about clashes as I understand the impossibility of running a festival without such occurences (and at EOTR it is very easy to get from stage A to stage B of course) but I thought it would be interesting (anyway) to see which bands people are hoping do not clash with one another (limited to 5 per day). Mine are as follows:

Friday: Best day for me...any clashup betwixt...

The Tallest Man on Earth vs The Low Anthem vs Shearwater or Loney, Dear or The Leisure Society vs Spokes

Saturday:...any clashup between

Dent May or Malcolm Middleton vs The Acorn or Fleet Foxes vs First Aid Kit

Sunday:...any clashup between

William Elliott Whitmore or The Dodos or Richmond Fontaine vs Tiny Vipers vs The Hold Steady

Oh how I love all this buildup :)

Saturday's a bad one for me I reckon. I want to see everyone on the Garden Stage, with the exception of Darren Hayman, but you've got Malcolm Middleton, Stardeath & White Dwarfs, The Horrors and Peter Broderick spread across other stages. Could get very messy.

There aren't that many acts I don't want to see - so I am resigned to clashes.....I have three big "hopes" though;

(i) Mumford and Sons and The Mummers not to clash.

(ii) I realise that The Horrors will clash, at least partly, with Fleet Foxes/Okkervil River but am hoping that Malcolm Middleton doesn't as well (or with The Acorn or First Aid kit or Blitzen Trapper or Stardeath and White Dwarves.................hmmmmmmm.....see the problem?)

(iii) Dan Michaelson and the Coastguards not to clash with Hold Steady, Steve Earle or Magnolia Electric Co.

ps can I buy a 2010 presale ticket yet?

Must sees are.....

Fri - The Week That Was, Shearwater, The Low Anthem and EITS. At a pinch, could miss The Low Anthem having seen them very close up at Glastonbury...... have also seen Shearwater already this year but really don't want to miss them!!!! Also keen to see (if poss) Loney, Dear and Spokes..... oh, and maybe The Duke and the King and Vetiver........ :rolleyes:

Sat - Oh dear :) Fleet Foxes, Okkervil River, The Acorn, Efterklang, Broken Family Band, The Horrors, Blitzen Trapper, J. Tillman, Dent May, The Leisure Society, Peter Broderick, Malcolm Middleton :):) - maybe I should clone myself?

Sun - Hold Steady, Archie Bronson Outfit, Richmond Fontaine, Dan Sartain, The Dodos, Joe Gideon and the Shark. Maybe Dan Michaelson. Not too bad :)

When are we going to find time to wander through the woods, see people on the piano stage, lie on the peacock lawn playing Scrabble? Oh, and see some comedy..... and play Ringo.

And sleep. And eat. Eeeeeeeek.

PS any not included on there doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see them...... just that I haven't discovered them yet :rolleyes:

- We only discovered the Young Republic, Low, Shearwater and The Acorn *after* missing them at EOTR last year!!! - at least we've seen both The Acorn and Shearwater this year, supporting Elbow and Beirut respectively :)

Saturday's a bad one for me I reckon. I want to see everyone on the Garden Stage, with the exception of Darren Hayman, but you've got Malcolm Middleton, Stardeath & White Dwarfs, The Horrors and Peter Broderick spread across other stages. Could get very messy.

FRIDAY

I want to see Explosions In The Sky

Get The Blessing

Vetiver

The Mummers

The Week That Was

Loney, Dear

Could cause some problems with a lot of the Local Stage bands clashing with the top 3 on the Garden Stage, though I'd probably chosoe The Week That Was/Get The Blessing over Loney, Dear (but not EITS). Herman Dune I'd like to see as well but they aren't a huge priority.

SATURDAY

Fleet Foxes

Okkervil River

Broken Family Band

Efterklang

The Horrors

The Boy Least Likely To

The Heavy

Howlin' Rain

The Leisure Society

Malcolm Middleton

The Travelling Band

Zun Zun Egui

Oh dear... not even going to try and analyze the clashes I'll have here, so I'll just go with the flow and see what I can fit in. Howlin' Rain and Malcolm are must-sees though and I'm not missing them for anyone.

SUNDAY

Neko Case

Archie Bronson Outfit

Richmond Fontaine

Bob Lind

Brakes

Dan Michaelson & The Coastguards

The Dodos

Soy Un Caballo

William Elliott Whitmore

Looking a bit better than Saturday with regards to clashes, but I can still see myself having problems. Bob Lind is apparently playing at 2pm on the Garden Stage, and I hope that The Dodos, Whitmore, Soy Un Caballo etc. will follow suite by playing early so I can see all of them. Richmond Fontaine are my must see of the festival so if they clash with anyone I like, I'll just have to miss out.

What I love about this festy is the journey of discovery of new music (or at least to these ears). However, I hope to see Shearwater, The Acorn, Wildbirds & Peacedrums, The Hold Steady and Fleet Foxes without any clashes - but what are the chances?

Thanks to the sampler CD (great idea) sent with ticket I am also hoping to catch Mumford & Sons. Here's hoping for some Sun! B)

What I love about this festy is the journey of discovery of new music (or at least to these ears). However, I hope to see Shearwater, The Acorn, Wildbirds & Peacedrums, The Hold Steady and Fleet Foxes without any clashes - but what are the chances?

Thanks to the sampler CD (great idea) sent with ticket I am also hoping to catch Mumford & Sons. Here's hoping for some Sun! :ph34r:

Thanks to the sampler CD (great idea) sent with ticket I am also hoping to catch Mumford & Sons. Here's hoping for some Sun! :)

[/quote

Didn't get a CD with my, recently arrived, tickets :) We're just going with the flow. Until I ordered the tickets I hadn't heard of half of the artists (been researching !!) but they all sound pretty listenable to me. Cant wait to come to our very first festival.