campervans and awnings..

Guest Tifff

Does anybody know....

When I first looked at the festival details, it said no tents in the campervan area, but awnings were allowed. Now it says family units may have a moderate tent - does this mean that awnings are still allowed, or that only families can have them??

I've got an awning tenty thing, which would mean that mates could stay or if they don't appear, soggy things don't have to steam up inside etc etc... Otherwise I am billy-in-the-camper-zone and everybosy is in tents in the other bit...

Tiff

Does anybody know....

When I first looked at the festival details, it said no tents in the campervan area, but awnings were allowed. Now it says family units may have a moderate tent - does this mean that awnings are still allowed, or that only families can have them??

I've got an awning tenty thing, which would mean that mates could stay or if they don't appear, soggy things don't have to steam up inside etc etc... Otherwise I am billy-in-the-camper-zone and everybosy is in tents in the other bit...

Tiff

Hi Tiff,

Thanks for your question.

To clarify - the campervan field is only for campervans, caravans and live-in vehicles. Caravans and campervans often come with awnings attached to them, and so an awning is regarded as part of the caravan or campervan, and is allowed (for everyone with a campervan field ticket).

The main reasons we can't allow tents in the campervan field is because of health & safety and also because we rent this field separately for campervans and caravans (hence the charge), and if people were also allowed to pitch their tents in this field, then there wouldn't be enough space for the campervans and caravans.

The ONLY exception is if a family of say 1 mum, 1 dad and 2 children are staying in a campervan that only fits 2 or 3 of them, and they need to bring a small tent in order to be able to fit the whole family in one place... then this is allowed, as we wouldn't want to split a family up and make them camp in two different locations, half the family in the campervan and half in the normal campsite, just because they can't all fit into the campervan/caravan.

This problem is not very likely to be widespread, as most campervans and caravans will be able to provide lodging for the whole family, and so there shouldn't be many tents at all in the campervan field.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sofia