never been before

Guest Beannie

Hi guys, Seen a poster for this today and am thinking of making the trip and as the post says i haven't been before.

am thinking of takin my 3 kids along 2 under 12 and 13 year old, has anyone taken their kids or can anyone tell me if it is suitable?

any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers ;)

Hi guys, Seen a poster for this today and am thinking of making the trip and as the post says i haven't been before.

am thinking of takin my 3 kids along 2 under 12 and 13 year old, has anyone taken their kids or can anyone tell me if it is suitable?

Cheers ;)

It's a great family festival, we've been taking our kids since they were 5 and 3! There are loads of organised activities for kids, although ours just tend to hang out with us and listen to the music. There's all sorts of high-jinx going on in the main arena so plenty to keep them entertained!

As posters on other threads have suggested, the family camping area is fine but can be noisy late into the night, so the quiet camping area might be better. I've always found that the kids don't have much trouble sleeping though, if they've been dancing to the headliners they're ready to drop!

Mine are still young for striking out on their own, but again loads of posters on here have said that their kids wander the site and there are plenty easy-to-spot meeting points, and with a huge percentage of the festie-goers being children it's a really safe environment.

Hope you decide to go, it's a brill festival for everyone and the line-up is spot-on this year - enjoy!

It's a great family festival, we've been taking our kids since they were 5 and 3! There are loads of organised activities for kids, although ours just tend to hang out with us and listen to the music. There's all sorts of high-jinx going on in the main arena so plenty to keep them entertained!

As posters on other threads have suggested, the family camping area is fine but can be noisy late into the night, so the quiet camping area might be better. I've always found that the kids don't have much trouble sleeping though, if they've been dancing to the headliners they're ready to drop!

Mine are still young for striking out on their own, but again loads of posters on here have said that their kids wander the site and there are plenty easy-to-spot meeting points, and with a huge percentage of the festie-goers being children it's a really safe environment.

Hope you decide to go, it's a brill festival for everyone and the line-up is spot-on this year - enjoy!

Thanks guys thats great, me and my other half normally just go to T and wouldn't take the kids there mainly because it is our weekend off lol. But the kids have been showing lots of interest in going to a festival and this one sounds good. Not sure if we would make the camping as think we might only make the Saturday coz the other half is working the Friday. But seems it might be a worthwhile trip.

Thanks again :blink:

This will be our 3rd year and our kids are now 5 and 9 and would lynch us up if we didn't go every year, theres plenty tips already listed on other threads but heres some simple ones to ensure both you and they have a great time at Bella.

Try and pick out the bands you want to see as well as the headliners and load up their ipods, play them in the car and about the house in general for the next couple of weeks so they pick up on tracks that they will then recognise when you take them.

Glow sticks and alike are your friend, every kid has every kind of glow stick, twirly glow thing and alike on every night so it could set you back a bit, we go to the 99p shop and stock up on sticks, necklaces and alike at a fraction of the cost, thus allowing the kids to pick up 1 expensive (£5-£6) fancy type, maybe this won't appeal to your kids being older but the glow sticks are great for lighting up portaloos and decorating tents.

And finally one for you the adult, find sometime for yourself and as i don't know your persuasion you can do this either by propping up the blackisle bar and consuming some of the finest organic blonde lager (or cider if the case may be) or by heading into the Champagne and pimms bar for a summer cocktail.

Enjoy, you'll be back every year.

As an aside this festival is nothing like T and if you have no other festival experience then this place will blow your socks off, no neds, people pissing everywhere or completely out their skulls, great for the kids.

Edited by Da_J_Doc-~

This will be our 3rd year and our kids are now 5 and 9 and would lynch us up if we didn't go every year, theres plenty tips already listed on other threads but heres some simple ones to ensure both you and they have a great time at Bella.

Try and pick out the bands you want to see as well as the headliners and load up their ipods, play them in the car and about the house in general for the next couple of weeks so they pick up on tracks that they will then recognise when you take them.

Glow sticks and alike are your friend, every kid has every kind of glow stick, twirly glow thing and alike on every night so it could set you back a bit, we go to the 99p shop and stock up on sticks, necklaces and alike at a fraction of the cost, thus allowing the kids to pick up 1 expensive (£5-£6) fancy type, maybe this won't appeal to your kids being older but the glow sticks are great for lighting up portaloos and decorating tents.

And finally one for you the adult, find sometime for yourself and as i don't know your persuasion you can do this either by propping up the blackisle bar and consuming some of the finest organic blonde lager (or cider if the case may be) or by heading into the Champagne and pimms bar for a summer cocktail.

Enjoy, you'll be back every year.

As an aside this festival is nothing like T and if you have no other festival experience then this place will blow your socks off, no neds, people pissing everywhere or completely out their skulls, great for the kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers ;)