Glade Weather

Guest kamw642

Well? Has anyone been to Matterley Bowl before when there's been some rain? I read something about Creamfields there one year and they don't call it 'Bowl' for no reason...

I'm probably just worrying over nothing...I was at Glade when it flooded and almost got cancelled...was the best festival EVER!!!!

it looks like typical homelands weather to me :) . a bit in between.

it rained at homelands, the worst it got was a bit of sludge on top, & that was before they fixed the drainage.

i'm no fortune teller but that monsoon at wasing '07 (wasing venue is on a hill / slope), well i can't see that happening again for a long while. it took some real act of god to make it flood on a hill.

anyways wot u worrying about? u did glade 07 so u can do anything

You're abso right...Glade crowd can do anything.

Just in case anyon;es wondering...light rain showers on Thursday (pretty much like today's London weather, so actually pretty warm), heavy rain showers on Friday :) but fine for the weekend :)

Who hates waking up in a roasting tent at 8am after partying all night? At least we'll probably have cloudy mornings and chance for some kip.

I r staying at a mates place in Winchester on Thursday now...yes I am a pussy but I was AT the Hell On Earth Homelands in 2000 and I aint never repeating that experience ever again! Arriving on site at about 2ish but getting picked up at 6pm to see my old uni housemate who lives in Winchester I aint seen in 4 years...not passing up the chance...would be silly.

Just dont camp at the base of the hills or at the bottom of the camping. Up the top would be best, but if people talk of drainage being added then who knows...it has been 9years since my worst night of my life experience. AND you can escape to your own tent which was the prob at HL...nowhere to escape to. ;)

Glad of the warm dry house offer I have thats for sure...metcheck's mm rain rating is up to 40mm now for Thurs/fri night and the Beeb is very heavy downpours for Friday! Oh bloody hell...just glad there are only 20,000 feet messing up the mud...and tents to escape to if it gets messy.

I went to sanctuary festival last year at the matterley bowl and let me tell you....it was muddy.... all it needs is 1 big downpour and the whole place will be fu*ked. I remember last year the whole site was just deep in about a foot of just sludgy mud. So yes i would take your wellington boots lol

I went to sanctuary festival last year at the matterley bowl and let me tell you....it was muddy.... all it needs is 1 big downpour and the whole place will be fu*ked. I remember last year the whole site was just deep in about a foot of just sludgy mud. So yes i would take your wellington boots lol

Looks like I'm joining you folks... do say hello.

"I just saw that Paulo bloke"

"Oh... where?"

"Just came sliding past in a three man pop up.... that's him there, down at the bottom, next to the bogs."

"Reckon we should help?"

"Naah... look he's caught up in the taps."

"Probably just wanted some water."

"I just saw that Paulo bloke"

"Oh... where?"

"Just came sliding past in a three man pop up.... that's him there, down at the bottom, next to the bogs."

"Reckon we should help?"

"Naah... look he's caught up in the taps."

"Probably just wanted some water."

I will miss the Wasing Estate site, all those trees, was a beautiful place.

Anyone know how bad the Matterley Bowl carpark gets in the rain? Is it real bad, like Glasto 2007? If so, I will not drive and get public transport I think.

nah man, i would go & experience it before it get's sludgy (if it does)!

i've done homelands & global a few times each, a certain amount of surface sludge from people stomping / churning it up would not be my main concern - i'd wish for people to not throw their rubbish all over the place. my homelnds experience were a fcuking disgrace, the amount of litter people left :D . i think glade goers are better than that though.

if we're still comparing to glade 07, then the thing that got me was the shin-high RIVER of water on friday morning ruining all my kit. this was on the top of the hill. very much doubt this will happen again, even with 'some' rain.