Year 'round real world decisions influenced by Glasto

Guest glastoman417

Just realised on the mobile phone thread that a major influence of signing up with Orange rather than any other phone network was largely down to the fact that they are a glasto sponsor and I reckoned coverage would be good there!

When I decided to abandon sky and their £10 a month just to use their harddrive (if you don't subscribe) I built a media centre with 4 HD sat tuners and 2 freeview tuners, largely because I wanted to make sure I caught all the glasto coverage (even though it's been a bit pants in previous years).

And at least part of the reason for taking my current job (not that Merseyside is renouned for it's abundance of job opportunities and I did need a job) was that they were cool at the interview about me taking time off for Glasto (even though it pays less than half of my last job in London).

Anyone else make real world decisions partially based on that 1 week a year?

Just realised on the mobile phone thread that a major influence of signing up with Orange rather than any other phone network was largely down to the fact that they are a glasto sponsor and I reckoned coverage would be good there!

When I decided to abandon sky and their £10 a month just to use their harddrive (if you don't subscribe) I built a media centre with 4 HD sat tuners and 2 freeview tuners, largely because I wanted to make sure I caught all the glasto coverage (even though it's been a bit pants in previous years).

And at least part of the reason for taking my current job (not that Merseyside is renouned for it's abundance of job opportunities and I did need a job) was that they were cool at the interview about me taking time off for Glasto (even though it pays less than half of my last job in London).

Anyone else make real world decisions partially based on that 1 week a year?

Havent even started my Organic Farming course yet but my summer placement depends on which farmer can allow me the last 2 weeks of June off next year! I want to go to this Biodynamic Vineyard in France but if there is harvesting/big projects in June...then its a no no!!!

I dont know about timing wise but I am about to join Greenpeace.

Standing there re-watching the Greenpeace movie with the New Radicals soundtrack and Friday afternoon before the Maccabees, brought a lump to my throat and made me realise how many people are out there making a difference. And I'm just being a lazy git

I dont know about timing wise but I am about to join Greenpeace.

Standing there re-watching the Greenpeace movie with the New Radicals soundtrack and Friday afternoon before the Maccabees, brought a lump to my throat and made me realise how many people are out there making a difference. And I'm just being a lazy git