Travel Help

Guest MurrayFest

Hi guys,

so i'm coming down for the sunday. I get in to Leicester train station at half past two in the afternoon. The big problem is, I'm staying at the Leicester Days Inn Hotel overnight, Sun-Mon. Its near the M1?

I was wondering, does anyone know any decent ways of getting there, besides just a taxi? The journey would be about 20 mins in a taxi which has potential to be expensive.

was wondering if someone local could help me out.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

so i'm coming down for the sunday. I get in to Leicester train station at half past two in the afternoon. The big problem is, I'm staying at the Leicester Days Inn Hotel overnight, Sun-Mon. Its near the M1?

I was wondering, does anyone know any decent ways of getting there, besides just a taxi? The journey would be about 20 mins in a taxi which has potential to be expensive.

was wondering if someone local could help me out.

Thanks!

it's not near the M1, its ON the M1. its the hotel for leicester forest east services. so technically the only way to get to it, is to get a cab onto the motorway. surely you'd be better staying in a hotel closer to the main site for not a lot more money if at all?

There is a slip road from the services onto Hinckley Road which is a main road into town (it is technically reserved for employees at the service station and emergency vehicles but people use it a lot...although probably aren't meant to) - you'd just need to jump on a bus there (lots of buses go from Hinckley Road into town) and get off at the Bus Station then either walk up to dmh or jump on another bus up London Road.

I'm not too sure how much you'd want the walk down there at night - camping may be a better and easier option?

Edited by Gabs