Lady GaGa

Guest glastofun

She was quite openly miming during the set and her ramblings inbetween songs were completely self indulgent and boring.

On a smaller stage as a piece of quirky cabaret she would have been ok, but she didnt deserve her place on the Other Stage.

Gutted Id agreed to watch her with my daughter instead of the Specials :D

She was quite openly miming during the set and her ramblings inbetween songs were completely self indulgent and boring.

On a smaller stage as a piece of quirky cabaret she would have been ok, but she didnt deserve her place on the Other Stage.

Gutted Id agreed to watch her with my daughter instead of the Specials :D

Before the festival I would have poured scorn upon her, and in fact did on many occasions. But I thought she played a wicked set, very upbeat, funny, energetic and engaging.

I loved it and would say it was one of the better sets of the weekend, compared to Lily Allen who just wandered on and said "let's get pissed yeah" and then wailed out of tune, Lady GaGa was excellent.

I thought her rambling was seriously irritating! Maybe if you were nearer the front there was more atmosphere but where I was we started a little corus of 'Just sing' to the tune of Just Dance! And then left cos Glasto is too short to be listening to that!

I promised my 6 year old daughter to take her there instead of the mighty Specials. Expecting it to be poo, ("another corporate bimbo") I watched from the back but slowly she got my attention and I decided to see more so got further down for the vibe.

Man this woman is GOOD!!

Despite the computers and electro-wizardry, she played a live gig which went with the audience. She knew how to work us. She had no need to scream at us with "are you having a good time? Look at me, I'm over here, ME ME ME" every 5 mins. She spoke quietly with a skill usually gained after years of treading the boards. At one point, sitting at the piano, she stared out, in silence for what must have been 30 seconds waiting for us, the audience to catch up, which they did, like an slow-motion explosion. Anyone who can whip up a crowd like that, without moving, without saying a word is in my book, a superstar.

I don't know where everyone else on this thread were but from what I saw, she had 'em wrapped round her finger. She'll go far, wait and see. Provided the actual songs improve!

The Ting Tings followed her, or tried to. They were very good but paled after LGG's stunner.

Edited by HuggyHare

I thought she had very strong pop songs... very catchy choruses and well sung/produced, but I just couldn't get on with her personality. The talking inbetween songs was just her showing off about how kerrraazzzzyyy she is compared to everyone else and how she wouldn't have been watching a pop act because she would've been too busy acid, maaaaan.

She reminded me of a girl at school that used to get far too drunk and then run around showing off about how drunk she was as if that somehow made her cool and then when that doesn't get her any attention, she used to strip off and run around naked.... there's Gaga on stage showing off about how many crazy drugs she's done and flashing her ladybits on stage. Cheap....

She won't last too long, but she should carry on writing pop tunes... hopefully back to ghostwriting though...

The Ting Tings blew her away for shameless pop fun. Really impressed with them, somehow I'd never heard any of their stuff before!

Edited by Magma

Man this woman is GOOD!!

Despite the computers and electro-wizardry, she played a live gig which went with the audience. She knew how to work us. She had no need to scream at us with "are you having a good time? Look at me, I'm over here, ME ME ME" every 5 mins. She spoke quietly with a skill usually gained after years of treading the boards. At one point, sitting at the piano, she stared out, in silence for what must have been 30 seconds waiting for us, the audience to catch up, which they did, like an slow-motion explosion. Anyone who can whip up a crowd like that, without moving, without saying a word is in my book, a superstar.

I've never been to a pop concert ie. Girls Aloud, Kylie, Madonna, Take That, so have nothing to compare against but from what I could see, seem to tick all boxes. Catchy songs, lots of dancers, occasional lip synching, lots of talking at the audience to fill gaps and many costume changes. People around me seemed to like it, but they were mainly teenage girls and camp queens. Horses for courses I guess if your an old rock or indie head or hard core dance fan, you probably aint going to get it.

I personally am neither a teenage girl or camp queen but did thoroughly enjoy the performance and have to agree with comments made by HuggyHare

Edited by crimsonking

Didn't go see her, but just watched some of her performance on BBC3 and have these comments / thoughts:-

1)

Isn't she ment to be a transvestite or something, or at least had a sex change?

Can someone shed light on this?