Having a smoke

Guest Mikee B

didn't have any problems myself. one member of my group was smoking on the pyramid fields and a security guy just came over and realised what he was doing and just asked him to open his tin, which my friend did, to reveal premixed baccy and weed. the security guy just said he's not going to do anything but just be aware that there are a lot of families and chilren around so don't be too open about it. which i thought was fair enough and exactly what it should be like in real life! i.e. okay it's up to you if you wish to do it but please be sensible about it.

constantly had one on the go but was never stopped myself.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue coat security are complete twots, they can't confiscate anything from you, if he had called the police I doubt they would come.

Similar thing happened to a mate last year and he said it was the last he had (he actually had nearly half an ounce in his back pocket) they security held out his hand to take it but instead my friend dropped it on the floor and scraped it along the ground, the security guy looked so pissed off, he was clearing just robbing people.

I was smoking fairly openly all weekend, but if I was walking around I did make a note to not take a toke when there were police or security that weren't busy doing something near me, I'd doubt they'd do anything but you know, if you smoke a joint next to a policeman you're basically asking for it.

the police realise its not worth enforcing, the security just want to rob people.

Edited by LostRiot

A group sitting just in front of us in the John Peel were happily skinning up when a woman from security came across to them.

They looked a bit worried but then she just told them that they weren't allowed to smoke in the tent and they needed to take it outside!

:)

We met some guys after neil young and went back to their tent for a few smokes

having a real laugh and singing all night

then my mate passes out in his chair

5 mins later a copper shows up

all you could smell was the weed

he asked if my mate was okay and that

we were fair bricking ourselves thinking he'd bust us

but we were reet with him and he was reet with us

chatting to him for 10 mins giggling our heads off

as he went he said "take care of him lads"

and then "oh yeah, and calm down on the weed"

probably one of the sounder coppers on the site

bet many people weren't so lucky!

Few instances happened to our group....

We were camped on the path on Kidney Mead where the fork met the two pathways...friday afternoon one of our group bought a bong (nothing in it at this point) and another was rolling a spliff - police on horseback spotted them before they had a chance to hide anything....both had 1/2 oz confiscated and slapped an £80 fine each to be paid within 21 days.

Sunday am a girl in our campsite was smoking one of her last spliffs and got caught by the guys in blue jackets (who all looked about 18!!) who told her if she wanted to smoke go up to the stone circle as they won't do anything up that way.

On another point, we got ripped off at least 3 times by various dealers at dance stage, other stage and stone circle for dud pills/mdma - anyone else encounter this? - everything I bought last year had me off my head.

Another mate who was not camped with us got caught by plain clothed officers buying 10 pills in the dance field and arrested him!

not a good year for us drug wise :lol:

Pointing out the obvious - Glasto is a huge festival but still in the UK, where drugs are illegal. Therefore if you're caught with them you'll be screwed (especially if you have enough to make you look like a dealer). It's the risk you take! I don't have anything against the use of drugs, but you'll always get twats who try to use the law (and other rules) in their favours just because they're arrogant twats with big egos.

Few instances happened to our group....

We were camped on the path on Kidney Mead where the fork met the two pathways...friday afternoon one of our group bought a bong (nothing in it at this point) and another was rolling a spliff - police on horseback spotted them before they had a chance to hide anything....both had 1/2 oz confiscated and slapped an £80 fine each to be paid within 21 days.

Sunday am a girl in our campsite was smoking one of her last spliffs and got caught by the guys in blue jackets (who all looked about 18!!) who told her if she wanted to smoke go up to the stone circle as they won't do anything up that way.

On another point, we got ripped off at least 3 times by various dealers at dance stage, other stage and stone circle for dud pills/mdma - anyone else encounter this? - everything I bought last year had me off my head.

Another mate who was not camped with us got caught by plain clothed officers buying 10 pills in the dance field and arrested him!

not a good year for us drug wise :D

A Welsh guy in the tent next to us was seen by a passing security guard in the Big Ground campsite. He came over with 2 mates and a 3rd in a land rover on the road and said he'd seen him smoking a spliff and what else had he got. After fessing up that he had about an 1/8 to a 1/4 it was confiscated and put in a police evidence bag. He told us that the police were leaving it to them as it was 3 to 4 hours paperwork for the cops but they could deal with it there and then. If i hadn't of had mine in my pocket i'd of asked for a copper but decided to play it cool. It put quite a crimp on the day and every time we had a smoke we couldn't relax. Security guard did say to go up to the stone circle as it's ok up there but he didn't tell us if anyone asks. He also said we were in family camping when we blatantly weren't. Gave the welsh geezer a few j's after he'd left to sort him out though.

It is illegal for security staff to confiscate illegal substances. They are no more authorised than yourself to be in possesion of an illegal substance. In hindsight you should have reported him to the police, after he'd taken your stuff, but you weren't to know.

I walked passed a copper when I was blazing a doob and they winked at me!

Guest Flip

This thread and my experiences in 2007 encapsulate the reason I have not been back since...

weekend of feeling gutted over, I am happy now, got the wonderful and sold-out Beat-Herder in 2 days.....woooooo...

The only encounter I had with the blue coat security was pretty positive. I was sitting by the bar in Acadia attempting to skin up (I had just had some particularly potent acid) when I was approached by a security guy and asked if I could see ok. He probably noticed the complete ash job I was making of my spliff. He then just said “do me a favour, when you finish rolling that would you mind smoking it outside”. I was happy to oblige.

Nice guy I thought.

It is illegal for security staff to confiscate illegal substances. They are no more authorised than yourself to be in possesion of an illegal substance. In hindsight you should have reported him to the police, after he'd taken your stuff, but you weren't to know.

that is true but could it be poss that they had some agreement with the police? I worked as a bar manager for several (too many!) yrs and we had agreement with the local police whereby any drugs found could be conviscated, placed in sealed, signed, dated envelope and then handed to the police so they could be disposed of. Is it poss that this could have been arranged for glasto security? Even if so, I wouldn't be suprised if they were bending the rules.

Dunno about the blue coat security folks, but I saw a genuinely nice police lady on a horse near the Park field talking to a punter who was clearly having a bad time of it... she had her hand on his shoulder and was speaking calmly saying "It's alright now, son, you're just having a bad trip, it's just a bad trip..." I thought it was quite sweet, really.

we were watching beardymen and i had just sparked up as a blue coat security dude comes up, shouting to put it out and telling me he could throw me out for that....what a knob especially as people left right and centre were hoovering up class a's like it's going out of fashion...luckily the ground was dry and as soon he walked off the spliff got returned to where it belonged:)

the coppers are lovely at glasto but the security are just thugs (some of them anyway)

we were watching beardymen and i had just sparked up as a blue coat security dude comes up, shouting to put it out and telling me he could throw me out for that....what a knob especially as people left right and centre were hoovering up class a's like it's going out of fashion...luckily the ground was dry and as soon he walked off the spliff got returned to where it belonged:)

the coppers are lovely at glasto but the security are just thugs (some of them anyway)