Spiringsteen

Guest Iain333

Bruce Springsteen is THE most over-rated "musician" in all of musical history. Should have stuck to manual labour (or whatever he got up to before getting the silly music idea into his head).

I was dragged up to see him by my tent neighbours, however, and we did figure out that you can sing "Bat out of Hell" to everyone of his songs! :lol:

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Springsteen is THE most over-rated "musician" in all of musical history. Should have stuck to manual labour (or whatever he got up to before getting the silly music idea into his head).

I was dragged up to see him by my tent neighbours, however, and we did figure out that you can sing "Bat out of Hell" to everyone of his songs! :lol:

He's like Marmite - you either love him or you hate him. Clearly to a global audience he is the biggest headliner Glastonbury has ever see. Doesn't necessarily make him the best or for that matter the worst.

Usually I would respect everyones opinions. But you sir are a pillock. Your tent neighbours made stupid mistake by dragging you up from whatever cess pit you were wallowing in.

Edited by thingsthatgoflirintheschla

This poster has just sent me a very insulting and frankly rude message.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I didn't exactly do it in a malicious way. I would like you to publicly take back what you said.

How dare you judge me, having never met me and how dare you be so rude.

I'm disgusted at this behaviour!

Please either leave me alone or apologise for yourself. I have never had such a horrible reaction to a light hearted opinion. You have yours and I have mine.

I do not intend to express an opinion on Springsteen one way or another. However, your 'how dare you judge me' juxtaposed to the position where you are free to judge an artist who isn't in a position to be able to respond themsleves needed to be responded to.

If you don't like it, crawl back under whatever rock your fragile ego was sheltering before it was dragged up by your tent neighbours.

Once again I would reiterate that your opinions on this matter can only lead to the assumption that I made.

Good night,

Perhaps you should have entitled you post 'ironic' so that poor west country yokels such as myself would get a better grasp on the witty content that you assume that everyone would be enlightened by whereas I am still in the dark with the rest of the fungi.

My humble apologies for the tosser comment. Clearly I should get back to the hay wrap with the rest of the saw doctors.

Sorry if I didnt have the capacity to understand that such a comment would have caused someone of your standing in society such offence.

I'll get back to the sheep shagging now. Get down shep.

• 5 weeks later...

saw springsteen last night at Madison Square Garden.

before the gig, i'm inside at a bar, and i'm wearing my glastonbury shirt, and i notice i'm being stared at intensely by a woman (she's obviously english) who is about to reach for her beer but knocks it over completely as she was focused on my shirt and not her drink. like dominoes, her spilled pint knocks over her boyfriend/husband's pint as well, and causes a right mess and scene which they spend the next 5 minutes cleaning up...after they've sorted it out the woman comes over to me and goes "did you go to glastonbury? are you english?", etc... they had just flown over to see the 2 bruce shows this weekend in NY, and were trading stories about how brilliant he was at Glastonbury. However, i felt bad for them as when i asked whom else they'd seen on the saturday (i.e. bruce's cameo appearance at Gaslight Anthem), they replied that they had been stuck right at front/center of Pyramid since 730AM Sat morning to get into position for Bruce! how outrageous was that? I pitied them, as I hadn't been too far from them eventually, perhaps a few meter or two behind them, even though i only started getting into position during end of Crosby Stills and Nash.

and no, i don't think it was Jens that i met last night...

saw springsteen last night at Madison Square Garden.

before the gig, i'm inside at a bar, and i'm wearing my glastonbury shirt, and i notice i'm being stared at intensely by a woman (she's obviously english) who is about to reach for her beer but knocks it over completely as she was focused on my shirt and not her drink. like dominoes, her spilled pint knocks over her boyfriend/husband's pint as well, and causes a right mess and scene which they spend the next 5 minutes cleaning up...after they've sorted it out the woman comes over to me and goes "did you go to glastonbury? are you english?", etc... they had just flown over to see the 2 bruce shows this weekend in NY, and were trading stories about how brilliant he was at Glastonbury. However, i felt bad for them as when i asked whom else they'd seen on the saturday (i.e. bruce's cameo appearance at Gaslight Anthem), they replied that they had been stuck right at front/center of Pyramid since 730AM Sat morning to get into position for Bruce! how outrageous was that? I pitied them, as I hadn't been too far from them eventually, perhaps a few meter or two behind them, even though i only started getting into position during end of Crosby Stills and Nash.

and no, i don't think it was Jens that i met last night...

• 1 year later...