Camping Question

Guest tuggersclaire

Thursday has got to be the day to start. I went last year with my daughter (then 9) to The Donkey and had a good night. She loved the open top bus ride back to camp with it full of drunken people singing. Will be back this year and we will be going to The Donkey again.
Edited by andyblack

there will indeed be a great fringe thursday warm up party in the donkey, and children will be accepted if accompanied by an adult (when we say adult we mean parent / guardian, not your just turned 18yr old mate). for reasons we're yet to announce, we'll recommend you get there very early!!!!!!!!! we guarantee the donkey will be busy this year.

we're trying to finalise a second family friendly venue in the new road inn, next door. but it's not all finalised yet.

though happily there will indeed be a bus running from the hall and the donkey / new road inn, sadly we couldnt get a third open topper, and thus we got you a proper london routemaster as the donkey bus. we're sure this will still be fun though!!

• 2 weeks later...
we're yet to set the formal times for the thursday.it'll roughly be 7pm on the thurs. we will publicly display them and also formal bus times on our website when we've sorted them. They'll be detailed on www.summersundaefringe.com so keep an eye out for updates there and here.

Any idea where the toilets and showers will be situated (in the family camping area or not?) and whether they will be from the same company they use for the Big Session? The Big Session showers and toilets are the nicest/cleanest ones I've ever seen at a festival!
Edited by butchwade

There were considerably less toilets last year than previous years though it didn't seem to make too much difference. Also two years ago they had that antiseptic hand gel stuff instead of sinks and I thought that was much better... Overall the toilets are excellent - I still can't get my head round having a shower at a festival, it just doesn't seem right... :ph34r:

Any idea where the toilets and showers will be situated (in the family camping area or not?) and whether they will be from the same company they use for the Big Session? The Big Session showers and toilets are the nicest/cleanest ones I've ever seen at a festival!