Best vegan eats at Glastonbury...?

Guest lizfairy

Hard to remember exact names and I'm a veggie rather than a vegan so never really looked out for vegan stuff specifically. Having said that, there's some great stuff in the Green Fields. I really like a Carribbean stall on the way from the Other Stage to the Pyramid, on the main drag near the Dance Village. Thinks it's called Carribbean Delights or something. Can't beat a Moon Burger if you're hungry. In fact all things considered, Glastonbury is one of the few times in the year when being a veggie doesn't make me feel like I'm missing out.

Hiya,

Personally I really like the vegan breakfasts at the Buddhafield Cafe in the Green Fields area. I think it was called Queen Delilah, a fancy looking glittery van next door to Manic Organic which served the best veggie buger and salad I've had. It had peanut sauce on it and everything, and was far better than any of the usual boring vegan burgers.

Glastonbury is my big food treat of the year and probably tops Christmas in terms of taste sensations. There were so many stalls selling vegan hot chocolate and cakes, and pretty much every stall in the Greenfields area has a massive amount of vegan options.

Um yeah which cafes/stalls do you think served the best vegan food? and what was it?

Glastonbury has to be the best place to be vegan in the world! As has been said the Green Fields have a massive selection, they even have raw food stalls... I can't remember many specific names apart from Manic Organic and Buddhafield Cafe, both are amazing! I found a vegan cake stall around there somewhere last year and I had the best ever chocolate brownie!

In the rest of the festival there are still loads of options. There are veggie burger stalls at the Other field and sort of round from the Pyramid, which you can see from a distance with their big "V" sign. They do lovely burgers. And there's falafel everywhere too, which I converted all my meat-eater friends to last year. And all the curry stalls I found had vegan options...

Mmm only 3 days, until YUM. :huh:

Loads of really lovely veggie food up in the Greenfields. :huh:

There is a decent 'veggie food at Glasto' thread *HERE* which you may find of interest.

Hope this helps

Dave

Thanks for all replies so far

the raw food stuff sounds good and cakes!

Last year I was mainly hooked on falafel but had some mexican (wasn't too good-not spicey enough) and veggie burgers as well.

I've only been vegan for 2 years though so it's still new to me!

I've heard wonderful stuff about manic organic and that buddha one! may need to check it out :huh: x

Blue Moon cafe is near JazzWorld, on the right as you look at stage. Dunno if it's vegan, but it's veggi, and really nice. Nice burgers, hummus, guacamole, etc. I like the potato wedges and veggi chilli. Niiiice.

Yeah, I often go vegi at glasto, there's so much nice stuff.

I actually feel sorry for those who won't try the veggie food, as they insist on eating meat with every meal; and then they just live on horrid burgers and chips from near the main stages for the weekend.

There's a stall at the back of the jazzworld field called Goan Fish curry co (or similar) - they do a veggie masala dahl - fresh and spicy with perfect rice and an onion/tomato/coriander salad. God, i feel hungry now! I go back every year and i will be there when it opens on weds! I had some lovely mezze last year - hummus, vine leaves, olives, tabbouleh etc, but can't for the life of me remember where.

I'm veggie but allergic to dairy so almost vegan. Consequently I rarely get the chance to eat cake unless I make it - at Glastonbury I eat cake every day!