DOWNLOAD V BELLADRUM

Guest AnjMIN

Right

I'm just back from Download, and I'm still in the festival mood. I've never been to Belladrum before and I just want to know, what's the music like?

Are there raging parties xD

Average age of people that go, I mean, is if for older folk, or everyone.

What are the pro's of Belladrum?

Thanks guys

not been to download but i can safely say the two just arent comparable. belladrum is good but its far more chilled out and very family friendly.

if you like fests, youll like bella, just dont expect hunners of crazy teens and twenty somethings burning tents and circle pits :)

Looking at the line up of Download v Belladrum, I think it's fair to say it's slightly different!!!

I'm not sure you'll get the raging parties you're looking for - more likely to find a laid back nostalgic chat on the merits, or otherwise, of Ocean Colur Scene over a few pints of Black Isle's finest.

I'm all for a burst of The Prodigy at a festival but I'm afraid that's unlikely amongst the Belladrum line up which mainly caters for family tastes.

However, it may be that you need a sample of folk music in contrast to Download, so feel free to head to Belladrum for a chilled out weekend. :P

Well I'm an older rocker - and Bella rocks in it's own way

As folk have said - it depends if you want a riot or not, the linup is quite folky, but you'll find that there are a few lesser known bands who like to rock a bit more, this year Dananananaykroyd look quite fun.

In terms of the night life etc - there's certainly some debauchery - especially from the teenage crowd, some of the posters here seem to have been at a different festival to me, if they are implying that the weekend is like one giant family love in! it's friendly certainly, but there's wilder fun to be had if you look for it i'm sure, and of course depending on your mood at the time one persons fun is another persons hooliganism (I'm getting old, but i've seem some completely tube and dangerous stuff at Bella, mainly from pissed up teens)

however, i used to go to Download when it was plain old monsters of rock - I remember going for my first year as a festival virgin and seeing a deranged biker pouring milk over a sheep's head in some strange ritual and thinking 'where the hell am i?' safe to say i've never seen that at Bella.