Going on my own

Guest man_d

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely in Salisbury. The Travelodge I booked is a few miles out in Amesbury and I'm only there because it was £9 when I booked. As the prospect of a grand gathering in the town looms, I'm already regretting it as I won't be able to have a decent drink!

Last year Angelheadedhipster stayed here which has vacancies but will cost you £50 for a double plus a tenner for 2 breakfasts. Nice and central, as is the Kings Head/Wetherspoons place which I think is £55 - not sure if that includes breakfast.

Travelling solo here too, my friends that were hoping to steward left it too late and all the spaces were gone - while I bought my ticket way back in Sept last year as soon as I got back.

WOuld be up for a meet up, and someone to camp with (have my own gear, just need a friendly tent circle to join). Problem is I'm lacking in internet access at the mo, am currently having to use the library which I rarely get a chance to do. I can browse these forums at work - just cant post from there, so I will just have to keep an eye on these boards to try and find out what arrangements are for meet ups etc (obv dont fancy posting my mobile no on a public forum).

Thursday night meet isnt really an option for me though, I live fairly locally (Bristol) and cant really justify the extra cost.

Hi - I will be going on my own. I often go to festivals on my own as it seem most friends have a problem with camping. So i think what the hell, iam not going to miss out on so mush great music. It would be good to meet some others.

This is my first time at EOTR, booked up when i saw that great line up.

I will also be staying in Salisbury on Thursday night, booked up in a B&B. I need to start the day with a full English.