Pennards Vs Big Ground/Kidney Meads

Guest jimmy_crack_connor

i used to camp facing the pyramid stage , then e decided to make a change and for the last 11 years the home ground has been out home for the glastonbury week , we see the same people each year .... we like it , I have never done pennards

My mates and I always used to camp overlooking the pyramid field. Its very busy, tents on top of each other... and from memory a few skalies about - that was probably when the fence wasn't up though. Was good being able to see bands from your tent, but is quite a walk back from the stones at 6am.

Been camping down overlooking the Other Stage in recent years where there is quite a bit more space, but close to a busy access road with noisy tractors... going for top of Pennards this year.

id imagine its pretty crap next to the pyramid stage, thats the shittest area of the site. in pennards you are right next to the greenfeilds and the stone circle and also the glade, its also nearer to the trash/shangrila area so you will be closer to the stuff going on past 12. i used to camp at the top of pennards until they changed it to the tipi area and it was always good. last year i was in park home and this year i think im going to be in dairy ground.

We camped at Big ground last year, we really liked it...could see and hear music from the pramid from our tent and is only a minutes walk to the porcelain loos! Not too noisy at night either..however we are moving to Pennards this year to meet up with friends we have made from here, might camp in a different place every year.

We've always camped at Kidney Mead or Big Ground simply because it's close to the pedestrian gate we come in at, and because it's a slope with no chance of flooding. I prefer Big Ground now - a bit flatter, decent cuppa from the Big Ground cafe whatever the time, and close to the Acoustic and Red Flag bar where I spend a fair bit of time. It's not terribly noisy, and I certainly don't recall many 'skallies'. Only bad point about it is that the pylons crackle in the rain, but I find that strangely comforting...

Park Home is my spiritual home but for second year on the trot am defecting to Pennards. You get an ace biew over the Second Stage proceedings in Park Home...and far less trouble than that of Big Ground. Just depends on what floats your boat really.

Park Home is my spiritual home but for second year on the trot am defecting to Pennards. You get an ace biew over the Second Stage proceedings in Park Home...and far less trouble than that of Big Ground. Just depends on what floats your boat really.

Pennards Vs Big Ground/Kidney Meads (overlooking pyramid stage basically)

So, i've done pennards twice n i like it. but a few mates want to camp overlooking pyramid stage. whats's it like?? thoughts?

Have gone for Kidney Mead/Big Ground the last three years...and will be trying for there again this year.

I like it because its near to the gate we come in and its near to the Pyramid stage (If your at the campsite chilling you can always grab your chair and wander over to the back bit and sit down with a beer and a smoke and watch whats going on), near to the Leftfield :D , market, cider bus, and its up hill so little chance of flooding (2005 was no mud round us all weekend!)

Just thought i'd resurface this thread.. Is pennards on a bit of a hill? If (it won't but just incase it rains) Is it susseptable to flooding?.. I camped at Big Ground and had a quality one last time but friends of mine want to go Pennards this time?? Your thoughts...?