Yeo Valley stand

Guest Laura_Babs

Never had to consider this before but does the Yeo valley stand to dairy free yogurts? I have recently developed some kind of strange dairy allergy so am trying to avoid dairy at the moment. Well, I have actually failed at that. Had a pizza last night and am now sporting a very unattractive rash up my left arm.

No problem, I'm sitting around the house with nothing to do today :lol:

Must be tricky trying to reorganise your diet to cut out dairy products, i guess you can't ever go for the easy, routine option but have to think that little bit harder, which is always the last thing I want to do when I'm hungry

No problem, I'm sitting around the house with nothing to do today :lol:

Must be tricky trying to reorganise your diet to cut out dairy products, i guess you can't ever go for the easy, routine option but have to think that little bit harder, which is always the last thing I want to do when I'm hungry

Try soya products instead, ie ask for soya milk at the coffee stalls and I'm sure there is a general store onsite that sells soya yogurts etc. Actually, you could buy soya yogurts, soya milk etc. beforehand and take it on site. Soya products normally last forever, eg if you bring yogurts they definitely won't go off (don't need to be chilled either). Just a thought... :lol:

Try soya products instead, ie ask for soya milk at the coffee stalls and I'm sure there is a general store onsite that sells soya yogurts etc. Actually, you could buy soya yogurts, soya milk etc. beforehand and take it on site. Soya products normally last forever, eg if you bring yogurts they definitely won't go off (don't need to be chilled either). Just a thought... :lol:

Thanks for that. Never heard of Tahini so going to have to look into that so I can make my own pizzas at home! And will def. try one at Glastonbury!

It's strange, I wonder if I will generally feel more healthy if I give up dairy all together. My brother always ate/drunk dairy until he met his fiancee. She doesn't so he sort of ended up cutting it out and he has seen a marked improvement to his asthma! It would never occurred to him before that dairy could be causing him problems breathing.

Thanks all! :lol:

I've never tried tahini (it's a sesame seed paste) on pizza, but a good substitute for cheese is "cheesely" that you can get from health food shops. I warn you though, don't eat it when it's not melted on pizza, as it does taste like feet when it's not cooked (in my opinion). There are a lot of substitutes I had never imagined existed before going vegan, like dairy-free ice cream (you can even get dairy free cornetto and magnum type ones!).

I honestly believe that our society eats far too much dairy to be healthy... Since going vegan I had had lot less dry skin problems and as you say cutting dairy out is well known to help with a lot of brething type problems. Along with loads of other reasons!

Thanks for that. I am going to pop to a health food shop post-Glastonbury (lack of money at the moment!) and see what I can get. We have been eating much more vegetarian dishes recently as although me and my partner are meat eaters, we both love veggie food and if we are going to eat meat, we want to eat free range which is obviously more expensive. So instead we have been eating lots of quorn and lots of bean dishes (casseroles, homemade bean burgers, etc...). I'm keen to cut out dairy totally because like you said, I'm sure it will have some great health benefits. My cheeses are my down fall though!

Getting back on thread ....

I LOVE Yeo Valley yogurts at Glasto and eat at least one tub a day sometimes two depending on the weather !! :D;)

Anyone know if they are in the same place as usual this year btw ?