campfires / BBQs @ BD

Guest jack jones

Hi all, just wondered if last year (I didn't go) was a new / different policy of "no BBQs' or campfires" - I know NOT to have one directly on the grass as to damage the field, raised BBQ's were ok in 2007, but this year was planning to bring a hacked-down metal dustbin on legs, charcoal and logs for the "night-time campfire to keep warm whilst talking complete bollocks/swigging cider/smoking stuff i shouldn't be/ into the dawn chorus" tradition ...

I am a responsible pyromaniac and intend to have waterbuckets etc on hand should things get a bit lairy with the fire, camp away from trees, keep the fire itself away from tents and other combustibles as much as possible ... all the sensible stuff....

Been through the BD website page by page, and found nowhere descriptive as to what is and isnt permitted. If its a NO FIRES WHATSOEVER ... fair enough - but it doesnt say anywhere. I'd hope allowance is made but i've tried emailing the info@BD and they've never got back to me.

can anyone help? ;)

cheers

There a communal campfires around the site, although there have been fires in the past - kept well of the ground, I think the policy is no fires. I've known people start fires and get told to put them out, and others have fires with no problem, the people camped in front of us had a chiminea which they kept going all weekend. I think it greatly depends on where you put your dustbin.