day splits...

Guest gregory

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the noisettes have indeed pulled out this week, as Kate pointed out, the record company has pulled them to play US gigs instead (i guess they're trying to break the US).

i believe attempts are being made to find a suitable replacement

This may not be a bad thing, wasn't too fussed about them. They were meant to be on before Charlatans & St Ettienne. Maybe their replacement could fit in with the early 90's indie vibe

the noisettes have indeed pulled out this week, as Kate pointed out, the record company has pulled them to play US gigs instead (i guess they're trying to break the US).

i believe attempts are being made to find a suitable replacement

This may not be a bad thing, wasn't too fussed about them. They were meant to be on before Charlatans & St Ettienne. Maybe their replacement could fit in with the early 90's indie vibe

In New York that day, it says here.

Without wanting this to become a big list of who people want to play again, can I put British Sea Power forward? Not only because they often give good live shows and played a fine set, what, four years ago, but their bookers seem to put them forward for every festival - this year, before both were cancelled for lack of take-up, they were set to do Red List Live (essentially an attempt at redoing last year's famously failed Zoo8) and a ludicrous thing called Indie Guitar Festival which seemed to be attempting to act as a spoiler for Truck by putting on Starsailor and Mungo Jerry in the same county on the same weekend.

I think The Whip is a great call...

If we're looking for somebody of 'equal' stature to the Noisettes how about Little Boots? Florence and the Machine? Marina and the Diamonds? Are Goldfrapp too expensive?

And I know I'll get shouted down for this but what about The Feeling??

Perhaps it's an opportunity to get the Magic Numbers in again? Or Kissmet? Sophie Ellis Bextor?

Let's think Summer Sunshine and pop music!!!

Sean

I think The Whip is a great call...

If we're looking for somebody of 'equal' stature to the Noisettes how about Little Boots? Florence and the Machine? Marina and the Diamonds? Are Goldfrapp too expensive?

And I know I'll get shouted down for this but what about The Feeling??

Perhaps it's an opportunity to get the Magic Numbers in again? Or Kissmet? Sophie Ellis Bextor?

Let's think Summer Sunshine and pop music!!!

Sean

What about some cheesy dink like shed seven they are playing belladrum the week before. Or hows about It Hugs Back they have a severe lack of festivals dates considering they released an awesome album.

Edited by sven mk 2

What about some cheesy dink like shed seven they are playing belladrum the week before. Or hows about It Hugs Back they have a severe lack of festivals dates considering they released an awesome album.

I'll echo a request for It hugs back. Saw them recently supporting Holy f**k. Very enjoyable in a Yo la tengo, Eleventh dream day sort of way.

I'm not usually an advocate of bands returning, but Brakes have an excellent album out at the moment, as have Camera Obscura for that matter.