Leaving and re-entering the campsite

Guest playerg69

Hi all, anyone who was at the event last year, can you tell me if we can leave the campsite and go back to the car or leave the site completely and still return to the campsite.

I am camping but want to go out on the Saturday to get a proper shower, plus nned to know if you have to carry all your camping stuff through in one go, or if you can return to the car to get more bits and bobs!!!

As far as i'm aware the answer to all questions is no. See the link below for FAQ's off the Creamfields website which does have a section on camping and leaving the campsite. If it doesn't answer your question then e-mail cream as they are really good at replying to queries by e-mail ;)

http://www.creamfields.com/?page_id=12

Edited by Delboy71

If that was the case you would have to park in a different car park to the camping one. We get Weekend Hospitality Tickets and stay in a hotel. You are allowed to leave the normal car parks (obviously), so we do that or get a taxi there and back. Not sure what the situation is with entry from the normal car park with camping tickets though. All tickets are swapped for wristbands on the way in so not sure exactly how that would work. E-mail them and you'll get a definite answer :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is the section with the most info regarding: http://www.creamfields.com/?page_id=12#camping which does state:

Where is campsite parking? Campsite parking is located next to the campsite, please follow signs. Do not use Sat Nav as many road closures will be in place.

May I drive in/out of camping parking? Once you have entered the carpark you cannot leave the carpark and re enter. Once you have entered the campsite there is no re admission to the carpark. If you hold a camping ticket you will be able to move to and from the campsite and arena.

That's what the lockers are for. Plus, as with all festivals, only take necessities with you and leave most valuables at home. Don't leave anything in your tent that you can't afford to lose. To be honest it's safer for your car if no-one is allowed back to cars as it means security will aproach anyone seen mooching around the car park, keeping it safer.

I contacted the guys at cloakvrooms (who will be the company doing the locker system @ CF) & they were very helpful & informative with their info. There is a cost, which i think is very reasonable as it’s per session - £2 for coats & £5 for bags (like a normal sized backpack) & you can come back & forth to them as many times as you please to put stuff in/out your bag. The price is timed with the arena opening times, so a session on Sat will be 2pm-4am then Sun 12pm-11pm, but they said the times will be clearly posted on the sides of the locker vans.

If you’re worried about security, they all sound very professional & you get a wristband that corresponds to your coat/bag & only that can have access to the item. Plus for security reasons only staff running the lockers are allowed on board the locker truck. Check here for any more info you need: http://www.creamfields.com/?page_id=2345

• 12 years later...