Dilemma...

Guest suarmy

Heres my dilemma.

Eventually got round to getting my ticket last week. Went on ticketmaster and saw that o2 deal. Anyways im not on on o2 so wondered what it was. Googled it and got the password so bought my ticket at the reduced price. Got my ticket last week.

My dilemma is that my other mate said there was an article about this and how they had lost thousands of pounds through people doing this. Said they are going to scan tickets at the door. Apparently there is a number yto phone for people who have bought cheap tickets. Anyways im wondering what is this scan going to show. What do you need to bring to show them? are they going to turn you away if you hgave taken advantage of their flawed system? Am i as well phoning this number and paying the extra 30 quid to avouid the hassle?

Heres my dilemma.

Eventually got round to getting my ticket last week. Went on ticketmaster and saw that o2 deal. Anyways im not on on o2 so wondered what it was. Googled it and got the password so bought my ticket at the reduced price. Got my ticket last week.

My dilemma is that my other mate said there was an article about this and how they had lost thousands of pounds through people doing this. Said they are going to scan tickets at the door. Apparently there is a number yto phone for people who have bought cheap tickets. Anyways im wondering what is this scan going to show. What do you need to bring to show them? are they going to turn you away if you hgave taken advantage of their flawed system? Am i as well phoning this number and paying the extra 30 quid to avouid the hassle?

aye i reckon ill just say i bought the ticket months ago when i had an o2 account but now i have changed to vodaphone. Pretty certain they cany say much to that.

Think my mate said it was on the herald. The system they used is terrible so its their own fault i would say.

For things like this a bit of common sense is required. Unless the 'article' can be produced assume it is complete bullshit.

The festival hasn't sold out. As Paul said the O2 code was quite possibly a ploy to get some discounted tickets out there and boost sales! You know a sorta "Quick ive got this sooper dooper secret code to get money off a ticket, better buy one now before it expires!!" They haven't lost money.

Also, it sounds like a lot of people have used this code. This code wasn't for any O2 customes. It was only for certain ones. Im an O2 customer but never got the email. Probably the majority of folk who have these tickets didnt. Do you really think the organiser is going to turn away people, and more importantly their money?

The festival isnt sold out. Any money you wish to spend inside its gates are going to be welcomed by the promoters not turned away!