Is it too early....

Guest Esyl

Is it too early to start speculating/requesting bands for next year. My two penneth worth are

From the past

• The Charlatans

• Belle and Sebastian

• The Levellers (always great for a festival)[/

The folk bit

• The Imagined Village (again) and/or Billy Bragg

• Jim Moray

• Kate Rusby (I know she played last year but she's great)

The world bit

• A return of the Dhol Foundation as they were fantastic

• Soweto Gospel Choir or someone of that ilk

and of course the silent disco....

The Pretenders please - i know i asked this year as well!

Po'Girl - just on UK tour, and said the other night that they will be in the UK this time next year too.

Joan Armatrading

The Indigo Girls

The Feeling

Screaming Mimi - Great Sheffield Band, just released their first album

http://www.myspace.com/screamingmimiband

The Travelling Band

• 2 months later...

Sonic Boom Six

The King Blues

Dub Pistols

Edward II (Hmm there's a bit of theme with those first 4)

Pronghorn!!!!!

and if you dare Wychwwod - Les Truttes (They very definitely put Show back into Showbusiness!!!!!!)

Edited by ElNobo

BANCO DE GAIA

BANCO DE GAIA

and TOBY MARKS

....please, NO Pronghorn - The Wurzels without musicianship!!!!!

Whatever happened to that Welsh Lass - Duffy, I think she was called - tipped for superstardom - Wychwood as her launchpad, then?

Agree with Kate Rusby and those two ace guitarists that swore like troopers - Rodrigo y Gabbywhatsit

Ash Grunwald, Michael Wookey etc. etc.- god, these lists always teeter into yawndom.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to put in a quick shout for Face the West. Saw them last weekend and they are utterly brilliant. Loud, Celtic style music you just can't help but dance to.

http://www.facethewest.co.uk/

Another band who would be worth checking out are The Dodge Brothers. Sort of skiffle type band. Saw them at Larmer Tree earlier in the year and thought they were great.

Rodrigo y Garbriela again please

BANCO DE GAIA

BANCO DE GAIA

and TOBY MARKS

....please, NO Pronghorn - The Wurzels without musicianship!!!!!

Whatever happened to that Welsh Lass - Duffy, I think she was called - tipped for superstardom - Wychwood as her launchpad, then?

Agree with Kate Rusby and those two ace guitarists that swore like troopers - Rodrigo y Gabbywhatsit

Ash Grunwald, Michael Wookey etc. etc.- god, these lists always teeter into yawndom.....

• 2 weeks later...
--------------------------------------------------------------

Teacher: ' come on children, if The Grate Denini has been to the last TWO Wychwoods, hands up if you can tell me how many he has missed!'

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'm chuffed I got one of my requests thus far (the Levellers). I saw the imagined village last night which made me want the Dhol Foundation to play even more. However I'd also love Duotone (aka Barney Morse-Brown) who is also part of the imagined village - his album is amazing.

Finally saw the Unthanks in their new line up recently - they would be fabulous, as would Jonny Kearney and Lucy Farrell.

Also great to see the Beautiful South on the line up! It's going to be a great festival again!

Last year was my first Wychwood (no virgin jokes please) and if we could get Bellowhead back, I'd get up off the sofa and jump around like a loon. Rodriguo y Gabriela would be a great crowd puller. The Beat were FANTASTIC, if you could get more high-energy-two-tone-madness (intended) I'd get up off the sofa and pogo like a loon, again.

A nice radio 4 comedy voice like Arthur Smith (who was on all too briefly last year) would be brilliant for the more, shall we say, mature audience. I love Sandi Toksvig! (I know, I'd be spurned, I mean her wit. You are awful.) Comedy-wise, Mr B the Gentleman Rhymer went down a storm! We might lure him back with an offer of free Pimms.