2 Secret bands to be revealed

Guest Lithium05

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what?! ;)

You may have just been randomly naming a band, but I'd love that personally, bit of a Jericho fan, but I'm not sure his WWE schedule would allow it, apparently he's got a big push coming up.

I've heard it from someone who reckons they've seen the schedule, although there's no substance to their claims (in my opinion) just thought I'd say that's what I've heard from somebody. Most probably total bullshit but he's named some bands before for other festivals that came off, but whether or not that was pure guesswork is debatable.

I've heard it from someone who reckons they've seen the schedule, although there's no substance to their claims (in my opinion) just thought I'd say that's what I've heard from somebody. Most probably total bullshit but he's named some bands before for other festivals that came off, but whether or not that was pure guesswork is debatable.

This was posted in the Reading/Leeds forums:

"dont shoot the messenger but was listening to kerrang about 5am this morning.

muse were on and the dj said that muse are playing a couple of festivals this summer, cough cough but I shoudnt be saying that."

Are they too big to be one of the secret bands though? Keeping in mind we have had Metallica as secret guests before and Leeds have had Guns n Roses.

This was posted in the Reading/Leeds forums:

"dont shoot the messenger but was listening to kerrang about 5am this morning.

muse were on and the dj said that muse are playing a couple of festivals this summer, cough cough but I shoudnt be saying that."

Are they too big to be one of the secret bands though? Keeping in mind we have had Metallica as secret guests before and Leeds have had Guns n Roses.

yeah muse cant seem to focus without a huge lighting rig and effects. A bit like a less egotisticle U2.

besides, i think they are a 'headline' act now where ever they go

The demand for Mastodon is certainly there. They've pretty much sold out this UK tour and it would suggest that plenty of people want to see them, and I'm sure they'd be guaranteed a good crowd in one of the tents.

Having seen them twice at Download in the past, the year they played the second stage (2005 I think, under a tent), was better than when they played open air on the Main Stage in 2007. That said, they never fail to absolutely destroy live.

Here's hoping!

Can't read that link at work, but if its Gallows s/c, I'd heard they'd gone with exclusivity to L/R, and went from s/c to saying they weren't playing at all. That came from the official Download forums.

Either way, they'd be a huge let down for me. Really don't like them.

In fact for me, the worst case scenario is that Enter Shikari and Gallows are the two secret bands. Would be a massive letdown. However, its also the one that makes the most sense - Enter Shikari have allegedly confirmed they're playing on the Friday, and we all know the only day Gallows can play is on the Saturday. On top of that, they've got a lot of appeal.

Other rumoured bands like Soulfly aren't exactly going to get the biggest reaction but I'd be content with them, at the very least. Good, solid live band.

In fact for me, the worst case scenario is that Enter Shikari and Gallows are the two secret bands. Would be a massive letdown. However, its also the one that makes the most sense - Enter Shikari have allegedly confirmed they're playing on the Friday, and we all know the only day Gallows can play is on the Saturday. On top of that, they've got a lot of appeal.

Other rumoured bands like Soulfly aren't exactly going to get the biggest reaction but I'd be content with them, at the very least. Good, solid live band.