2 Secret bands to be revealed

Guest Lithium05

Ok, so can anyone explain how announcing 2 bands before the fest makes them "secret" bands?!

Surely they are in fact last minute additions. A "secret" band would surely be represented by a fake name or just a gap, not announced! It completely defeats the object!

Also surely the fact that they're announcing them, makes it less likely to be Megadeth seeing as I would hope they're not daft enough to say "Megadeth will be opening the tiny 4th stage".

That aside, who are we expecting? Mastodon? Soulfly?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so can anyone explain how announcing 2 bands before the fest makes them "secret" bands?!

Surely they are in fact last minute additions. A "secret" band would surely be represented by a fake name or just a gap, not announced! It completely defeats the object!

Also surely the fact that they're announcing them, makes it less likely to be Megadeth seeing as I would hope they're not daft enough to say "Megadeth will be opening the tiny 4th stage".

That aside, who are we expecting? Mastodon? Soulfly?

If Fat Mike is playing with them this time go to the stage door after the gig and ask him! He usually likes to chat to fans after a gig...

If it turns out they're not playing tell him to go and beat the shit out of Go:Audio and take their place... you could probably tempt him into it with a bottle of whiskey on a stick Father Jack style <_<

I think the words of the organisers were along the lines of they are announcing them so that people don't get upset when they find out its not AC/DC and Led Zep... I suppose its after the anti-climax to some parties to the FNM announcement...

But I agree, announcing something like Megadeth playing the 4th is just going to cause a whole load of trouble... So we have a few options, either the secret bands are, as you said, late additions playing main stage so just get dropped in like a normal announcement, or we aren't given the names or details just a few clues, OR we don't get told the full story, I am sure I read somewhere there was talk of 3 secret bands, maybe announce 2 to make people think its all done and dusted then throw a 3rd in on the day...

Guess its going to become clear soon!

Suicidal Tendencies show on June 15th is billed as their 'only' UK show this year, and, much as I like them, they aren't a big enough draw in my opinion to get people interested.

Aren't Saxon also at the Metal Hammer Golden Gods just after Download? They got a good response last year at Download and I wouldn't rule them out. Just thinking about that would be epic!

They aren't last minute additions as it was known before the last announcement that there would be 2 secret bands

Im really not sure who it is but I've got a feeling that theres some legal loophole that if an act who is playing another festival gets announced for a festival in the week its happening theres no breaking any contracts or something

I remember a few years ago GLC got announced for Reading and Leeds the week that V was taking place and they were exclusive to V that year, that was 2005 btw