INFO Please!

Guest civster

Hi all, I know this has prob been asked already loads o times but any info would be appreciated.

As a T veteran I feel I am in need off a change of scenery and Belladrum sounds like it could fit the bill perfectly.

Couple of questions thou, What kind of numbers of people go the the festival? Also is it really child friendly, as we are wanting to take my 9yr old daughter to her first festival but certainly would not take her too T, is there plenty of other kids running about daft too?

Is it a chilled atmosphere in the campsite at nights and also during the festival itself?

Cheers for any responses and again sorry if this has all been asked before but I can only gauge festivals against T....

Civster :P

Hey there,

for me this is by far the best festival on the Scottish calander (others may say Loop but each to their own) forget T in the park as this is a festival not a large corporate outdoor gig like it is. I,m sure the capacity is 12k but i have no idea if it sells out or if that total includes the reams of kids that can go for free.

Family friendly is what this festival is all about and you will see all ages from babes in arms to teenagers which really brings a nice chilled friendly vibe to the site, we take both our kids (Now 9 & 5) and this will be there 3rd year in a row, they love it, we joked with them that we weren't going this year and they nearly lynched us. Normal campsite is ok but with kids i would be prone to go in quiet or Family camping just in case as whilst nothing like T general may be a bit raucous for a festival first timer. You could push the boat out and hire a camper van or Tipi if you really want to do it in style, we stay in a tent in the caravan field along with friends.

The festival itself is well chilled with no neds/chavs or drunken louts pissing everywhere, think mini glasto with more families, the line up is diverse and you will find lots for all ages, my favourite last year (infact every year) is propping up the black isle bar at every opportunity, my wifes was the pimms and champagne bar, the youngest was the kids zone and painting a real caravan and my eldest seeing scouting for girls.

A wee tip is get a few of the headline bands biggest hits loaded onto their ipods so they will at least want to stay as see them.

Feel free to ask all you want on this thread as i'm sure the usual suspects will be along shortly to back up all i have said...................

• 2 weeks later...

hi there i just read your post and thought i better tell you!

if you are camping do NOT put your tent up right next to the walkling path (its just grass about 3 meters wide) because when i last went me and my mate got woken up because 2 people desided to have a fight and it ended up with them on top of our tent kicking and brawling with us still inside!

hi there i just read your post and thought i better tell you!

if you are camping do NOT put your tent up right next to the walkling path (its just grass about 3 meters wide) because when i last went me and my mate got woken up because 2 people desided to have a fight and it ended up with them on top of our tent kicking and brawling with us still inside!

Well thats the tickets all bought , 4 adults 2 kids so far, :lol::):D . Another wee query though, more for the wife than me but is there any sort o washing facilities in the family campsite or is it a scoosh o BO spray every morning. Trying to convince her too go on the thurs but as she is not a camping fan this might be trying to push my luck, 4 days without washing :) cheers folks

Well thats the tickets all bought , 4 adults 2 kids so far, :):):lol: . Another wee query though, more for the wife than me but is there any sort o washing facilities in the family campsite or is it a scoosh o BO spray every morning. Trying to convince her too go on the thurs but as she is not a camping fan this might be trying to push my luck, 4 days without washing :lol: cheers folks

Well thats the tickets all bought , 4 adults 2 kids so far, :(:):D . Another wee query though, more for the wife than me but is there any sort o washing facilities in the family campsite or is it a scoosh o BO spray every morning. Trying to convince her too go on the thurs but as she is not a camping fan this might be trying to push my luck, 4 days without washing :) cheers folks

• 2 weeks later...

Im driving up in my car and Ive got friends in a camper van.

Will I be able to park near the camper van and will I be able to pitch my tent up next to them ?

Even if im not allowed the car in the camping area I would still like to pitch a tent next door.

Yep no problem, thats what we do, just get a caravan and camper car pass and make sure you arrive in tandem, they even let you put the car in, if in doubt tell them you are staying in the awning of the campervan.
Edited by Noki

Thats what we did last year, just didn't show the pass and told the stewards we were witht he caravan and told each set the last told us just to follow the caravan, they cursed the last set of stewards and let us go on our way, i'm sure you could get a camper pass if you phoned and explained.

Midges not really a problem.