can you get icecubes on site?

Guest jarvester

Easy, free and keeps stuff cool for days...

Fill your cool box with pre frozen 2 litre bottles of water at home. As these melt, you have ice cold water but they keep food coll for quite some time. If you have a good box, the icy water can sometimes last until at least Saturday if you are lucky.

Freeze the juices as well for your mixers if you are indulging in spirits and mixers.

Did this back in 04 and our 10kg of bacon (supplied by butcher who was camped with us) lasted right through til Saturday...ok we had eaten our way through it all by then but I have even heard tales of people with cool food even into Sunday pm.

Just dont keep going in and out of the box releasing any extra coldness.

Use a proper solid cool box not a bag as they are better insulators. Its a faff and a hassle carrying such heaviness on site but if you are prepared to do so, then it is worth it.

Fill your cool box with pre frozen 2 litre bottles of water at home. As these melt, you have ice cold water but they keep food coll for quite some time. If you have a good box, the icy water can sometimes last until at least Saturday if you are lucky.

Freeze the juices as well for your mixers if you are indulging in spirits and mixers.

Did this back in 04 and our 10kg of bacon (supplied by butcher who was camped with us) lasted right through til Saturday...ok we had eaten our way through it all by then but I have even heard tales of people with cool food even into Sunday pm.

Just dont keep going in and out of the box releasing any extra coldness.

Use a proper solid cool box not a bag as they are better insulators. Its a faff and a hassle carrying such heaviness on site but if you are prepared to do so, then it is worth it.

I agree, just freeze all drink (well juice based spirits etc..). I made up approx 5/6 litres of fruit juice cocktails last year (vodka, bacardi, malibu), stuck them all in the freezer and then in a cool bag for the journey.

I arrived Thursday and the last was still cold by Saturday. This was with a cool bag, not an insulated cool box.

Peace x

i've been going to glastonbury for ten years and i've never seen a stall selling ice. always thought it was a missed opportunity for someone with the capability to do it as it would make an absolute fortune.

there is an ice stall at electric picnic and it sells out every day.

Can I be a spoil sport and mention that ice cubes you can buy are really un-environmentally friendly (water shipped from god knows where, massive transportation and storage energy etc) :) So I'm really glad that Glastonbury doesn't sell ice. In fact I'd be disappointed if it did

Sorry doesn't help your post, but felt the urge to mention it *ducks to hide from the likely responses*

fair enough,

what if there was an hypothetical ice factory relatively near to the farm?

i guess everybody bringing 6x2L bottles of iced liquids adds up to petrol consumption of cars, buses, etc transporting it, let alone their own carbon footprint.

it's an interesting debate...

thanks anyway

fair enough,

what if there was an hypothetical ice factory relatively near to the farm?

i guess everybody bringing 6x2L bottles of iced liquids adds up to petrol consumption of cars, buses, etc transporting it, let alone their own carbon footprint.

it's an interesting debate...

thanks anyway

Can I be a spoil sport and mention that ice cubes you can buy are really un-environmentally friendly (water shipped from god knows where, massive transportation and storage energy etc) ;) So I'm really glad that Glastonbury doesn't sell ice. In fact I'd be disappointed if it did

Sorry doesn't help your post, but felt the urge to mention it *ducks to hide from the likely responses*

I have cooler bag which is on wheels and i quite cool, bit I would like to try your method :blink: .

I have a polystyrene box which is about the size of the cooler bag and It has a tightly fitting lid. It was going to be thrown away, they use them for transporting stuff that needs to be kept cool in hospitals. I don't know exactly what they transport in them (I presume its bloods or medicines) but when they come they have the "instant" chemical ice packs in them.

Is this small polystyrene chest essentially a cooler box? It is really robust and very lightweight so it would be ideal. I only want to take some bacon and perhaps keep the jagermeister (spelling?) cool. It would be less hassle to take that a 'proper' cool box.

What you recon?