First time i'm going to Glastonbury and wondering how long it'd take to get from one side of the festival to the other

Guest thelizardking

I think it's around a mile and a bit North to South so technically around 20 mins or so normal pace. However, add crowds, not taking a direct route, beverages plus way too many distractions en-route and it's far more likely to be around an hour to get from Hitchin Hill at the North end to the Stone Circle at the South end I reckon. I usually do that trek at least a couple of times each day but I've never timed it so I've no idea how long it actually takes in reality, time is pretty irrelevant at Glasto - it takes as long as it takes, but an hour when busy(ish) and/or if muddy(ish) sounds about right to me.

Edited by mikeb

Early in the morning when there are less people about as long as you don't stop to look at anything, buy anything watch anything about 30 mins.

We ended up in the wrong capark the other year arriving late due to a accident on the motorway and did the walk every day to the car park as my friend was paranoid about getting robbed and wouldn't leave anything in the tent...needless to say I went with different friends the year after lol

Its big, you may even get lost. Just ask for directions and direct routes, use your map to help.

Dont cut across camping fields even if it seems like a good idea at the time. But allowing for crowd size, you can actually get around pretty swiftly but it does take years of practice and visits to really get to know, remember and understand all the short cuts...but hey I still get lost after 10 visits...and love it! Tis always fun when you think you know where you are and then it turns out you are 3 fields over from where you thought and you discover something so utterly cool and inexpected...but then you cant remember your way back and wonder...was it actually there or a figment of my imagination?! BUt that is just Glasto...enjoy!

Its big, you may even get lost. Just ask for directions and direct routes, use your map to help.

Dont cut across camping fields even if it seems like a good idea at the time. But allowing for crowd size, you can actually get around pretty swiftly but it does take years of practice and visits to really get to know, remember and understand all the short cuts...but hey I still get lost after 10 visits...and love it! Tis always fun when you think you know where you are and then it turns out you are 3 fields over from where you thought and you discover something so utterly cool and inexpected...but then you cant remember your way back and wonder...was it actually there or a figment of my imagination?! BUt that is just Glasto...enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...