Kids, trolleys and public transport...

Guest Jutt69

Just found out we have a two year old joining our group this year. Her parents bought a nice trolley for her to ride in but have since phoned National Express and were told they would not be able to get in on the coach.

There is the possibility of a lift but that obviously could not just take us to the drop off point as the shuttle bus would not be trolley friendly either (it's a sizeable four wheeler). We thought about buying a carpark ticket and getting our lift to take us all the way, so to speak. But would that be possible? How difficult would they find it getting out of the carpark on the Wednesday?

Any advice or tales of previous experiences would be much appreciated.

Never had to do public transport and a trolley but have taken a 4 wheel metal gardening trolley for my kids in the past (still take it but now it is used for carting all the stuff across the site :rolleyes: )

if it is similar to mine then it does come apart with little effort wheels and handle come off easily and the base and sides fold flat. Still a reasonable size but not as big as a full trolley. If you wrapped the axle ends in padding and the whole thing taped up in a bin bag or 2 they might be more amenable :) worth a try

Just remember to take the spanner with you to put it together again :)

Never had to do public transport and a trolley but have taken a 4 wheel metal gardening trolley for my kids in the past (still take it but now it is used for carting all the stuff across the site :rolleyes: )

if it is similar to mine then it does come apart with little effort wheels and handle come off easily and the base and sides fold flat. Still a reasonable size but not as big as a full trolley. If you wrapped the axle ends in padding and the whole thing taped up in a bin bag or 2 they might be more amenable :) worth a try

Just remember to take the spanner with you to put it together again :)

We have a winner, with the first post as well!

It is to be dismantled and carried in a large exhibition case which shall be liberated from work. Repair kit was already on the kit list! It has been weighed and measured so we should be fine. Now to go have fun with the youngster decorating it!

woohoo never been first before and with a good answer :)

as for decorating it glow sticks are good and so are solar powered fairy lights :) both cheap from ebay

especially decorate the handle cos I can't tell you the amount of people in the dark who tried to walk through the space between the trolley and me pulling it and then cursed when they fell over :) I mean how did they think I was moving it :rolleyes:

we put a piece of thick sponge in the bottom and and a sleeping bag along with a folded bit of tarp as a waterproof cover and attached an umbrella/parasol to the side but there were some much more decorated than ours :D