who will the secret park slot be?

Guest babyshambles701

313 members have voted

1. 1. who will play under the secret slot on the park?

• coldplay
    • radiohead
    • the libertines
    • arctic monkeys
    • placebo
    • strokes
    • metallica
    • someone else (mention below)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an absurd statement. Have a look on youtube at any of their shows pre special effects and they are absolutely electrifying. I wish they would ditch all the theatrics and get back to just rocking out.

Have you ever seen a flaming lips show without all the streamers and confetti?

Emily said it would be a health and safety risk if it was announced so that sorta rules out coldplay, wuld be safer to announce them so a lot of libs/placebo/radiohead/general people with ears wuld be very pissed at their attendance...Im there if its not the libs or similair ill leg it 2 pyramid 2 see kasabian. but will stay if its sumone like the kooks or coldplay just to see them get ripped apart.

..Just cos you obviously don't like Coldplay, I wouldn't underestimate their popularity. The pyramid stage was rammed in '05 last time they played, and I can guarantee that there would be a stampede to the Park if they played. Might not be your cup of tea but they are one of the most popular and successful bands in the world. B)

Kerrang said it was one of the biggest acts in the world... Jack White made an appareance for in Last Of The Shadow Puppets special guest slot last year... White Stripes were a strong rumour...

The Dead Weather are more likely though, Kerrang may have just got their wires crossed

I'd love it to be Libertines. Was gutted in 2004 (was it 2004?) when they cancelled and broke up, and were replaced by....Supergrass. B) SUPERGRASS!!! FFS, I was so annoyed.

I reckon it'll be a case of getting there early though, Park is v small and all the speculation is going to draw quite a croud.

Seriously though...it's not a secret gig if they flippin' announce that it's a secret!

@glastodave

A couple of years ago i was convinced it was either Libertines or a Noel Gallagher acoustic set (cant remember why now tho) for the opening of the park. When Lily Allen walked out i was not feckin amused so returned to other stage to see Arcade Fire be amazing. Some people stayed there too and watched her. Muppets.

Last year all the special guest acts were announce in the paper that is given out free in the morning. Be a bit careful, as the times got a bit messed up on the park stage last year, so get there early if it's someone you like, just incase they play an earlier slot than you were expecting.

I would put a lot of money on The Klaxons playing up there. They played twice at the festival a couple of years ago, so I think they are well liked by Emily. They're also the type of band that are into surprises, plus it's an ideal opportunity for them to try new songs out, like Franz Ferdinand last year.

I think there's a chance Jack Whites new band The Dead Weather will play, which wouldn't be all that special for most people, as they've not heard of them before. However they are in the country during Glastonbury, and it was strange they were not on the line-up.

Last, I'd go for Vampire Weekend. Just a gut feeling. They are doing a few live dates, and Emily would love to get them. They're another that would probably like to try out new songs on a smaller stage.

Alternatively, it could be a bigger band already announced, doing a surprise set, like Doves, or Fleet Foxes. It won't be anyone really big.