who will the secret park slot be?

Guest babyshambles701

313 members have voted

1. 1. who will play under the secret slot on the park?

• coldplay
    • radiohead
    • the libertines
    • arctic monkeys
    • placebo
    • strokes
    • metallica
    • someone else (mention below)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the mess-up between Q's, Glasto's and other Line-ups I think they were accidenatlly revealed.

And the Bands that we're officially confirmed then removed were:

Anthony and the Johnsons

Kaiser Chiefs

&

Placebo

Come on everyone up to the park stage and see a band that willl cause a health and safety problem, only to find that the band you hoped it was are not playing. Meaning that fans of X Y and Z will all be up there causing an even greater health and safety problem :)

This is an example of where people say we are too pro glastonbury and do not see the faults. Emily should not have said what she said and to speculate could cause problems. Hopefully I am wrong and thousands of peolpe will not make there way up to the park in very muddy conditions. Since it will not be muddy and the band will be anounced to avoid a Maddness type situation on a hill.

ive gotta go incase its libs reli i seem 2 remember reading/hearing somewhere that even tho the artics werent booked 2 play they were asking the eavis' whether they could have tickets to come... so thats a possibility and in fairness wuld be good. didnt radiohead say recently they wuldnt be doing glasto for a while cos it wasnt green enuf? and i just see them as a bit big (altho compared to bruce, neil young mabes not) to be an unannounced slot at the park+ the only reason for the surprise wuld be a deal with reading/leeds which i dont see them going bac on (if it exists) Emily said it would be a health and safety risk if it was announced so that sorta rules out coldplay, wuld be safer to announce them so a lot of libs/placebo/radiohead/general people with ears wuld be very pissed at their attendance. i dont see daft punk coming out of their pods in 09 rumours of any tours have been quashed by them. strokes have said they've got a new album coming this yr but as yet have no tour dates or related news on their website, i think its a bit soon to come straight back into glasto b4 any other gigs. Metallica is pretty impossible, they're playing rome on the 24th and dont see them as the sort of band that wuld fly over to glasto then be back for a gig on the 4th july in germany. foals r playig rockwave fest in athens?! on the 27th but interestingly are supporting blur on the 2nd july in hyde park so that may be a remote possibility. Placebo are in turkey on the 23rd and rockwave again on the 27th so tht seems unlikely. I reckon libs based on all that, they are just about to come back having already done a show, it fits in with the whole health and safety issue even at a gig pete did with just an acoustic in southampton was pretty mental. anthony and the johnsons are in holland on the 22nd and greece on the 29th (glasto sized gap) but dunno if they'd be a risk to health and safety... samaritans mabes. Im there if its not the libs or similair ill leg it 2 pyramid 2 see kasabian. but will stay if its sumone like the kooks or coldplay just to see them get ripped apart. hmm moneys on the libs. :D

I'll chuck in my two pennies worth of random guesses.

1) Placebo will surely be playing one of the secret spots if the article on Orange world is anything to go by:

"Don’t go to Glastonbury unprepared. Listen to the advice of our seasoned festival-goers Dizzee Rascal, The Maccabees and Placebo in our special celebrity survival guide video. We even got The Prodigy to share their survival tips with us - Keith’s top tip is “get a helicopter”. Once you’ve checked out the stars’ advice, we’ve got some more down-to-earth survival tips here."

Everyone else in that list has been announced in the line-up so surely it would be a bit random to have Placebo in there for any other reason?

2) I may be barking up the wrong tree but I am thinking that the fabled '4th headliner' still applies a bit i.e. they are a headline band but not necessarily in a headline slot. Originally it was meant to be 2 British, 2 American and so if you deduct Bruce = American, Blur = British, Neil Young = Canadian-but-thats-good-enough-American-for me then it would leave 1 British. I'm undecided between Coldplay and Radiohead

it won't be anyone enormous like radiohead or coldplay or metallica- the park area just wouldn't cope (i know it's a surprise, but i've never known one of the surprise slots stay a surprise past the morning of the day in question)

the libertines ticks all the boxes, and it'd fit with their way of doing things and their ethos regarding money- turning down loads of cash to do leeds/reading exclusive and doing a secret gig at glasto instead

if anyone knows them from back in the day they'd know that is exactly the way they liked doing things- money was never a motivating factor

my fingers are crossed and i'll have to miss the end of lonnie liston smith :P to be there just in case

Edited by titch juicy

In my mind there are 3 slots taken.

Gorillaz....

Libertines.....

Arctic Monkeys.....

The other ones im not sure on (well im not sure on the ones above) but surely theres room for The Dead Weather/White Stripes and Last Shadow Puppets too?

Im gonna go to each of them anyway.... itll prob be nothing, some middle of the road band plucked from obscurity.... ohh well its my time to waste :P