who will the secret park slot be?

Guest babyshambles701

313 members have voted

1. 1. who will play under the secret slot on the park?

• coldplay
    • radiohead
    • the libertines
    • arctic monkeys
    • placebo
    • strokes
    • metallica
    • someone else (mention below)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Libertines - otherwise I'd have gone for 'other' - think only Placebo or Arctic Monkeys from that list have any reasonable chance of being a/the 'special guest'.

Edited by Vacant0

I was v.surprised about Placebo not being in the lineup, so i'm guessing it's them. I think the Special Guest idea is stupid tbh. Just tell us who's playing (or at least let us buy the official guide when we get there to find out!!!)

Anthony & The Johnsons seems likely given the confusion over whether they'll play - those rumours came from somewhere and their sound is not 'big' enough for some of the larger stages.

What happened to rumours of Little Joy? Emily loves them and i'd have thought they're a likely guest.

The Libertines are just too big and raucous for the Park. Surely Carl et al would be more likely to play with Pete on the Other Stage?

And won't Radiohead have signed exclusively to Leeds/Reading? A Thom Yorke solo slot could happen, but it's EXTREMELY unlikely that the rest of the band would join him.