Ufc

just/john

27 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So I’m confused, is the Max Khabib fight for the interim or the actual title this weekend?

The actual title. Ferguson has been stripped of the interim title, McGregor will be stripped of the actual title at the weekend (once they're actually in the octagon) and the winner of Khabib vs Holloway will be the LW champ.

Edited by The Nal

Disgraceful. I'd imagine hes going to lose a lot of that 100m from the Mayweather fight in law suits.

However if he fights again it'll be the biggest fight ever. No such thing as bad publicity. Once the dust settles this will be a positive thing for him. Oddly enough. 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

Disgraceful. I'd imagine hes going to lose a lot of that 100m from the Mayweather fight in law suits.

However if he fights again it'll be the biggest fight ever. No such thing as bad publicity. Once the dust settles this will be a positive thing for him. Oddly enough. 

I don't know about that. His next fight was going to be the 'biggest fight ever' regardless of this incident. 

I don't agree with the 'no such thing as bad publicity' saying. This is definitely not publicity that he would want. It will turn most the fans against him and could even get him banned from being able to enter the US (unlikely but possible). 

It also puts extra pressure on Conor to win his next fight as heels work well when they keep winning but if he lost his popularity would drop dramatically. This wouldn't have been the case if this incident didn't happen.

Edited by CRW5252

Publicity stunt gone wrong? I dont know much about the UFC but is there not a chance they were going all "fake drama" on it all like some other "sports" to promote themselves, using their biggest star who has done nothing for them in a while and his LFC fan impression went too far when the window smashed?

If not, what was they point in it all? What was his supposed motivation? Unsanctioned self promotion?

4 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Being the villain pulls in the dollars, big time. Probably more so than being the "good guy". People will pay to see him go down..........

Yes, initially but once they do go down the intrigue is lost.

Anthony Joshua is the biggest fighter on the planet at the moment. He is a 'good guy' who rakes the money in. 

Both 'roles' can be effective at earning money but Conor has always been a fan favourite and, in my opinion, this incident will have a negative effect on his career.

19 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Publicity stunt gone wrong? I dont know much about the UFC but is there not a chance they were going all "fake drama" on it all like some other "sports" to promote themselves, using their biggest star who has done nothing for them in a while and his LFC fan impression went too far when the window smashed?

If not, what was they point in it all? What was his supposed motivation? Unsanctioned self promotion?

No chance the UFC organised it.

I think that Conor, in his deluded mind, thought that it was an acceptable thing to do to create hype for the Khabib vs Conor fight. He is right to some extent as it certainly has created more hype for the fight but at the same time if he loses he will dramatically lose popularity. This wouldn't have been the case before this incident.

That or he was just coked off his mind...

35 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Yeah let's have Conor smash a window and injure people, causing the card to lose 3 fights.

The reason Conor showed up was in retaliation of what happened on Wednesday between Khabib and Artem (Conor's best friend). if the UFC wanted to 'stage' something, would you not wait until Saturday and have Conor confront the newly crowned LW champ in the cage,. At worst it would end in a scuffle, no one going to hospital or left shaken up. Much more effective and good promotion.This isn't WWE. These guys aren't actors, if it was staged then Dana deserves an oscar for his performance in the video from last night, he was furious. 

This isn't the first Conor incident, remember the Bellator cage incident last year and shit apparenly went down in a pub in Ireland last year but details were sketchy, so no one knows for sure what happened there. It's only going to get worse, it's what happens when fame and money go to your head. Something serious is going to happen if he doesn't get his act together.

Edited by When Jokers Attack
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

this incident will have a negative effect on his career.

Its in the twilight of its years as we speak. He is looking for one or two more big pay days and he will be on his bike (BMW i8)..........

He is well known for his approach to "making the money and getting out quick"..........

This incident will bring the UFC and CMcG back into the minds eyes of the casuals and will be the start of the hype for the next big event brought to you by the UFC, CMcG and Bud..........

So latest from Ariel is that Pettis failed to make weight so the fight may still happen but would be a 3 rounder?

If so does that mean it’s still for title?

Apparently Felder made weight as a possibility but commission won’t clear him which has confused the fuck out of me.

22 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

So latest from Ariel is that Pettis failed to make weight so the fight may still happen but would be a 3 rounder?

If so does that mean it’s still for title?

Apparently Felder made weight as a possibility but commission won’t clear him which has confused the fuck out of me.

Pettis weighed 155.2. If he was fighting Chiesa he only had to make 155.5 as it wasn't a title fight. So he didn't really miss weight but hasn't hit the title weight limit needed, he was giving an extra 2 hours to lose the .2 but the commission won't let him weigh in again, no one knows why, apparently a disagreement with him and ufc over money. Since then it's come out he may be fighting Khabib in a 3 rounder. All still playing out.

Felder not getting to fight is bullshit, the rankings mean  nothing and are done by a panel. Not the ufc. Pettis is ranked 12th lol Felder isn't allowed according to NY commission as he isn't listed on the top 15 ranking page. Fuck does it matter.

What a rollercoaster this is.