Ufc

just/john

10 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I disagree with the knee comment, elbows...I dunno. Like Dominic Cruz said, it’s tge refs job to get in and stop that and he didn’t. Was Stephens in there smashing? Yes.Did he deliberately break the rules? I don’t think so.

Cruz was clearly biased as Stephens is his teammate. 

It is Stephen's job to follow the rules just as much as it is the ref's job to enforce them. There is a clear strike to the back of the head and an attempted knee to a grounded opponent. By the letter of the law, this fight should really be a no contest.

11 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I disagree with the knee comment, elbows...I dunno. Like Dominic Cruz said, it’s tge refs job to get in and stop that and he didn’t. Was Stephens in there smashing? Yes.Did he deliberately break the rules? I don’t think so.

Doesn't matter if he deliberately broke the rules. Knees to grounded opponents is a no no and it may be why he won. 

Look at Dana's happy little face

Edited by The Nal

Good UFC last night, the entire card was great I thought.

T-City against Holloway has got to be the next big fight I’m excited about after the UFC 223 & DC/Stipe fight.

I love Rogan & DC on commentary together, the new JR & King for anyone that gets the WWE reference lol. Cruz knowledge is good but I feel he speaks too much when doing commentary, he should stick to being on the panel in my opinion.

Watched Cage Warriors event beforehand which was decent. Got Bellator recorded to watch later.

Loved the Hernandez debut as well. Fearless, great way to make a statement. UFC222 was the card of rising stars. O'Malley, Ortega and Hernandez (potentially, hard to say after such a quick fight but great start). 

Cyborg still a beast, very excited for the Nunes vs Cyborg fight. 

It's a good time to be a UFC fan at the moment. Lots of great fights lined up. 

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ferguson did his knee ligaments tripping over in the Fox carpark. :rolleyes:

Fight off with Khabib. For the 4th time. 

Holloway has stepped in to fight Khabib.

Hilarious after all that trash talk from Ferguson. 

Got to fancy Khabib against Holloway. Not a good match up for Holloway at all. He's got a a lot of balls for taking the fight though and I will be routing for him.

28 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

Hilarious after all that trash talk from Ferguson. 

Got to fancy Khabib against Holloway. Not a good match up for Holloway at all. He's got a a lot of balls for taking the fight though and I will be routing for him.

McGregor has proven that taking fights on short notice gets you in Danas good books. Dana will be rooting for Max too.

51 minutes ago, The Nal said:

McGregor has proven that taking fights on short notice gets you in Danas good books. Dana will be rooting for Max too.

Of course, anything that makes Dana money makes him happy. 

It's win, win for Dana really. Khabib wins and the UFC can look for him to be UFC's gate into the Russian market. If Holloway wins, you have a very marketable match set up against Conor (two weight champion vs ex two weight champion).  

Condit Brown would of been a fun.

More I’ve thought about it today the more gutted I am for UFC 223 as Max should have no chance. I don’t even understand why he’s taking this fight as previously people were saying the July supercard was too soon for him to defend so this makes no sense logistically. 

Really really rooting for Thug Rose and looking forward to Felders fight.

Praying for DC and Rogan commentary as well lol.