Ufc

just/john

Dunno if there is already a thread for ufc, if there is i aint sein it!!!

Anyway who watched on sat?thoughts?

Rashad evens got school'd then knocked the fudge out!!

I can see Lyoto Machida holding onto the belt for a while unlike some previous holders!!

also glad serra lost, hes a dick!

I've become more and more of a fan over the last year and a half / two years or so. Started off as a [whisper]wrestling[/whisper] fan and never really saw the attraction in MMA at all. I initially though it was a lot of hype and not much substance.... lots of build up for perhaps 30 seconds of action.

But over time, now I've actually learnt something about it, it's pretty awesome. I'm still fan of the wrestling, but I'd say it's now 50/50. I don't get as excited about watching live MMA as I do the wwe (I've only ever made the effort to stay up and watch Couture vs Brock, compared to seeing every Wrestlemania since 2001 and most Royal Rumbles live)... but doesn't stop me watching them back the day or two after.

As for Sunday's fights.... I imagine we're going to be hearing a lot about Lyoto Karate over the coming months. It really was an epic finish.

Liam on these boards is a massive MMA fan.... he'll have more of an opinion.

I've become more and more of a fan over the last year and a half / two years or so. Started off as a [whisper]wrestling[/whisper] fan and never really saw the attraction in MMA at all. I initially though it was a lot of hype and not much substance.... lots of build up for perhaps 30 seconds of action.

But over time, now I've actually learnt something about it, it's pretty awesome. I'm still fan of the wrestling, but I'd say it's now 50/50. I don't get as excited about watching live MMA as I do the wwe (I've only ever made the effort to stay up and watch Couture vs Brock, compared to seeing every Wrestlemania since 2001 and most Royal Rumbles live)... but doesn't stop me watching them back the day or two after.

As for Sunday's fights.... I imagine we're going to be hearing a lot about Lyoto Karate over the coming months. It really was an epic finish.

Liam on these boards is a massive MMA fan.... he'll have more of an opinion.

My mate got me into it, i like boxing and i was of the though that the ufc featured very little "skill" and just brawling!

How wrong i was, some of the things these guys can do is unreal!

I like the big knockouts but find i get more exited when u can tell someones about to get tap'd out!!

Brock v mir, gona be good sein as brocks skills have came on a bit instead of just the big hits, i still fancy frank for it tho, dont no y!!

Brock v mir, gona be good sein as brocks skills have came on a bit instead of just the big hits, i still fancy frank for it tho, dont no y!!

Are you mad? In their first fight Brock only lost by making a very basic error that Mir was experienced enough to take advantage of. Throughout the fight Brock had, by in large, the upper hand in all areas.

Mir isn't even half the fighter Randy Couture is, and Brock absolutely dominated Couture. Ergo, Brock is going to kill Mir.

This is a fight they have to put on because of the mini tournament to unify the titles, but I'm not sure that its a fight anyone thinks Mir can win. I'm afraid it's going to take someone very big and very special to knock Brock from the top of the heap... and they're not going to appear anytime soon.

(And before Liam jumps in... that person is not going to be Bobby Lashley! :rolleyes: )

Are you mad? In their first fight Brock only lost by making a very basic error that Mir was experienced enough to take advantage of. Throughout the fight Brock had, by in large, the upper hand in all areas.

Mir isn't even half the fighter Randy Couture is, and Brock absolutely dominated Couture. Ergo, Brock is going to kill Mir.

This is a fight they have to put on because of the mini tournament to unify the titles, but I'm not sure that its a fight anyone thinks Mir can win. I'm afraid it's going to take someone very big and very special to knock Brock from the top of the heap... and they're not going to appear anytime soon.

(And before Liam jumps in... that person is not going to be Bobby Lashley! :rolleyes: )

I dunno. Mir could win. All he has to do is grab an arm or a leg and the fights over. No one thought that Mir was beating Big Nog, and he did. Still think lesnars going to beat him, but it'll be very different to their last fight.

I think a few people could beat Brock. Fedor for instance, Josh Barnett as well. Neither of them are going to be in the UFC any time soon. I also reckon Arlovski, if he kept the fight standing would have a chance. People are also saying Shane Carwin or Cain Velasquez have Brocks number. I'm not so though.

Edited by Uncle Liam

like i say i dont know y! we'l see tho!

From the start of that fight i was interested to see how brock would fair an i was impressed but like u say made a mistake and paid for it! he's more experienced now so he will be hard to stop!!

I beat him in the game wi frank mir maybe this is cloding my judgment :rolleyes:

Tbh i think couture is a bit past it, his last fight before brock was a over a year before so either rusty or past it!

But i do think only way he'l lose is an error on his part, time will tell!

like i say i dont know y! we'l see tho!

From the start of that fight i was interested to see how brock would fair an i was impressed but like u say made a mistake and paid for it! he's more experienced now so he will be hard to stop!!

I beat him in the game wi frank mir maybe this is cloding my judgment :rolleyes:

Tbh i think couture is a bit past it, his last fight before brock was a over a year before so either rusty or past it!

But i do think only way he'l lose is an error on his part, time will tell!

I dont think Couture is past it. At least not in the way Chuck Liddell is, or Big Nog. He more than held his own with Brock. Dont forget, he fought his way back up after been taken down, managed to cut Brock, and had Brock pushed up against the cage at the end of round one, with Brock looking at the clock looking quite tired. I think for a 45 year old 225 pounder, he did remarkably well against a 30 year old 280 pounder. He got caught on the back of the head with a punch and Brock finished it. These things happen.

Totally expect Randy to beat Big Nog in August.

I dont think Couture is past it. At least not in the way Chuck Liddell is, or Big Nog. He more than held his own with Brock. Dont forget, he fought his way back up after been taken down, managed to cut Brock, and had Brock pushed up against the cage at the end of round one, with Brock looking at the clock looking quite tired. I think for a 45 year old 225 pounder, he did remarkably well against a 30 year old 280 pounder. He got caught on the back of the head with a punch and Brock finished it. These things happen.

Totally expect Randy to beat Big Nog in August.

we'l go with rusty then!

Your right brock couldnt wait for that bell to ring!

These things do happen,like hughes could have easily lost on sunday night after the knockdown which would hav been shit sein as it was a head the floored him, but like u say these things happen!

I do think if brock comes in an gives it the ol hammerfists again he will get tap'd out!

I was so impressed with Machida against Thiago Silva and then Evans. I really dont see anyone beating him unless they somehow take it to the ground.

Was really pumped for the show a few weeks back with the co main event aswell as Machida. Really wanted a Serra win but it was unlikely against Hughes.

Id love to see Rampage/Evans so TUF should be entertaining too.

Looking like Machidas first defence will be against Shogun.

This should be confirmed this week for Oct 24th. Hell of a fight.

Also, from the Observer website: --UFC's broadcast partner in the U.K., Setanta Sports, is on the verge of collapsing this weekend according to several reports in the U.K. Unless they can find a last minute cash injection, rights to the various sports they have will have to be sold off, and that would include UFC.\

This should be confirmed this week for Oct 24th. Hell of a fight.

Also, from the Observer website: --UFC's broadcast partner in the U.K., Setanta Sports, is on the verge of collapsing this weekend according to several reports in the U.K. Unless they can find a last minute cash injection, rights to the various sports they have will have to be sold off, and that would include UFC.\

It's the obvious only place for it to go, but I can't see Vince being too happy about Sky picking UFC up.

EDIT.... thinking aout it, Bravo might be interested in taking it back... although that'll be a massive loss in revenue for Zuffa.

Edited by Halcyon

It's the obvious only place for it to go, but I can't see Vince being too happy about Sky picking UFC up.

EDIT.... thinking aout it, Bravo might be interested in taking it back... although that'll be a massive loss in revenue for Zuffa.

As I said on the Observer board, I would happily pay £15 to watch a UFC show on Sky Box Office than have it on Bravo with ads every ten minutes, on a one day tape delay.

yeah i did, was good! There seemed to be a stack o blood from the start on the mat what fight was this in? obv the undercard but any ideas?

I thot silva was unlucky tbh, i like them both but i thot he might do it, had franklin rocked a bit!

I was pretty drunk so memory of it is a bit hazy but remember thinkin kongo could have taken it if he kept it of the ground!

Gona be at t in the park for ufc 100, gutted im missin it really wana see lesnar mir again!

Gona be at t in the park for ufc 100, gutted im missin it really wana see lesnar mir again!

bugger :D

hadn't realised that

Suppose that means I can just download it for free when i get back tho :D

• 3 weeks later...

UFC 100 will apparently be airing live over here. Thank f**k for that.

14th November is apparently booked in for a show at the MEN arena. Apparently, if Anderson Silva doesnt get beat up too bad by Forest Griffin (I have little doubt that Silva is beating Griffin, but FIrest could really hurt him with his leg kicks) then the show will be headlined by Silva versus the winner of Bisping v Henderson. So that will be Silva v Henderson 2 then.

UFC 100 will apparently be airing live over here. Thank f**k for that.

14th November is apparently booked in for a show at the MEN arena. Apparently, if Anderson Silva doesnt get beat up too bad by Forest Griffin (I have little doubt that Silva is beating Griffin, but FIrest could really hurt him with his leg kicks) then the show will be headlined by Silva versus the winner of Bisping v Henderson. So that will be Silva v Henderson 2 then.

do we know on which channel its showing yet?

(please say sky sports, or failing that, sky sports ppv)