Ufc

just/john

19 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I don’t understand what’s going on with DC or this fight.

Just last week there was reports coming out that Dana was going to strip DC of light heavyweight title because he wouldn’t fight as he’s injured and now he’s agreed to fight at heavyweight and possibly loss the biggest payday in his career?

Where is the logic in that?

Also, why the hell did they announce Shevchenko Eubanks as main event and now it’s scrapped?

Yup mental risk. Lewis vs Lesnar would be pretty good though!

I reckon Dana is holding off on the LW to see what happens with Jones. 

Shevchenko vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk is now the co main for 231. 

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, metallimuse said:

WTF is going on with UFC? 

I think it’s disgusting that they are moving the PPV, not even talking about if he’s a cheat or not but all those poor fans who bought tickets, paid for flights/travel and accommodation to be treated like this is abhorrent.

Utter joke. If I was a UFC fan, I wouldn't bother going again

Jon Jones is a joke, and the UFC is turning into bigger joke by still letting him main event their cards. Now they ended with this fiasco, having to change venue in the last minute.

Imagine a lot Swedish fans booking a trip to Vegas to support Gus and now they change the venue!

• 1 month later...

Aye I'm buzzing for this weekend! Do not care about Jones though but that undercard is special. I've even gone as far as to get permission to watch it live from her who wears the trousers indoors :sarcastic:, had to watch the past few months events days later already knowing the results which is just not the same.

I just don’t get it, just don’t get it.

Am I being an idiot? Am I just not educating myself and reading enough to understand the in and outs of why it’s ok for Jon Jones to test positive AGAIN in a drugs test and still be allowed to compete?

Am I just being a sensationalist headline reading idiot to just say “cheat”?

Why is nobody NOBODY else testing positive to the extent that this man has/is and still be competing?

Just **** him. It’s, in my opinion, just makes a mockery of the whole thing. But like I say, it must be me surely? Surely I’m the idiot here who just doesn’t understand the science?

3 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I just don’t get it, just don’t get it.

Am I being an idiot? Am I just not educating myself and reading enough to understand the in and outs of why it’s ok for Jon Jones to test positive AGAIN in a drugs test and still be allowed to compete?

Am I just being a sensationalist headline reading idiot to just say “cheat”?

Why is nobody NOBODY else testing positive to the extent that this man has/is and still be competing?

Just **** him. It’s, in my opinion, just makes a mockery of the whole thing. But like I say, it must be me surely? Surely I’m the idiot here who just doesn’t understand the science?

Seems its all tiny levels from the original failed test. May happen with every fight of his from now on. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

It's combat sports. Most people are on stuff. Waste of time complaining, just sit back and enjoy the fights.

Don't agree with this. Just because MMA has had major problems with drug cheats in the past, it doesn't mean everyone should just accept it now. UFC are making some steps to sorting it out and their is certainly less guys on stuff nowadays compared to 10 years ago. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Can't get over Masvidal/Askren

Nunes is on another level

Rockhold can't take a punch

Jones fight could have went either way. I thought Jones edged it. Dana said no reason for a rematch and anyone who didn't score it for Jones shouldn't be allowed to judge haha.

Will be interesting to see where Askren goes from here. His wrestling instincts were his downfall. Masvidal has the potential to be a good draw for his next fight, wouldn't be surprised if he gets the title shot. 

Agreed. Hard to see her losing anytime soon. 

Most people would get KOed by that left hook to be fair. It broke his jaw. Rockhold seriously needs to sort out his stand up if he's going to keep fighting.

I think Jones edged it to. Dana needs to defend his biggest draw. If Jones does lose, it is best for the UFC that it is done convincingly. 

• 1 month later...