Friday Night Line Up

Guest Piratebhoy

whats everyones views on the Friday line up. Im a little disappointed that there is only 2 acts on the friday night. I know its a bonus really to have official Friday entertainment, but when they sell it as a 3 day festival, i was hoping for more! i know the other tents/areas have a full looking set up, but the main stage is surely the most important arena visually??? when you walk into the arena, its the one thing that can be seen from most areas of the site.

any chances of a few more acts beng announced for the main stage!?? it main stage opens at 6.30 i believe, so that would mean a 3 hour set for the two acts each!!!

(and before everyone starts, this isnt a moan, just wanting to gauge eveyones opinion as when its billed as 3 day festival, its looking a little shy of full on entertainment)

Edited by Piratebhoy

best to quote benchbudda's quotes on this.... top man...

As has been said it took T 13 years to change to the 2 and a half day set up. When it did it had 15 acts on the Friday and never had all its main stages open(still doesn't), Rockness has 19 acts and only took 2 years. The Nesstival area also opens at 1pm on the Friday. There are 95 acts playing so far + say 5 for the 'Go North Black Isle Bar', I'd also expect to see maybe 10 or so more around the site on Saturday and Sunday(efestivals has 4 'TBC' that don't appear on the Rockness website and 1 'SR'). I reckon we will get 110-120 acts by the time the festival arrives.

As to doubles, there are 5 acts playing in some capacity twice. They are Cagedbaby, Super Furry Animals, Mylo, Heavenly Jukebox and James Murphy & Pat Mahoney. I can see how some people might be a bit put off by that but it's quite common at a lot of festivals to have doubles but as has been said again the chances are they will play completely different stuff. It doesn't really bother me. Just don't go see them twice tongue.gif

The line-up, well I preferred last years but that’s because they had pretty much what gets played by me day in, day out. Look at it this way though, last year I went to Glastonbury and it has 1000 acts. I'd say 75% of that I had never heard of or never listened to, I walked around the site with not a clue about who to see so I just walked into tents randomly and found some ace stuff! If you can't find something you enjoy at a festival, even if you haven't heard of it well your a very boring, blinkered human being tongue.gif there is a lot more to festivals than your favourite acts and some of my fondest memories of festivals have nothing to do with the entertainment the site provides smile.gif

As for me. I cannot wait to see the Flaming Lips on the friday night. And the fact that the campsite's open at 10:30am/11am on the friday morning means i'm getting right involved in the nesstival area as soooooooon as it opens at 1pm

on yer marks......get set.......go.................!!!!

They could do with another act or 2 to fill it out i suppose. Having said that usually on the Friday i just sit about at my tent with everyone off our bus and get minging and have a great time anyways--i may well still do that this year! :rolleyes:

Could have done with another couple of acts, UNKLE or Shadow would have been nice to get the friday nite going. Not Complaining mind! :rolleyes:

Smaller festivals usually don't have much going on the friday night, at Electric Picnic last year and they had Bjork kick starting the weekend :D ! Crazy Lady

im not expecting it to compete with T in the P, but if you sell something as a 3 day festival, i was expecting more acts for the Main Stage on the Friday.

I would wager that most people are probably not that immpressed that there is only two acts on the main stage...

we could start a Poll??... im not as it has probably been done on a previous topic, and i should probably view my opinions there!

im not expecting it to compete with T in the P, but if you sell something as a 3 day festival, i was expecting more acts for the Main Stage on the Friday.

I would wager that most people are probably not that immpressed that there is only two acts on the main stage...

we could start a Poll??... im not as it has probably been done on a previous topic, and i should probably view my opinions there!

I do agree that there could be more acts for the Friday, but I suppose it just means the Flaming Lips will have a longer set...

And Alvin is right, Bench Buddah knows all!

Oh and GIRUY yourself dick head.

Edited by smutchie

turns out this wasnt such a bad topic to start after all smutchie. seems like after only a few minutes people have very similar views on this. nice avatar photo....

I would quite happily go see the Flaming lips, dont know any of there stuff, but from what people say they are a great act to see. BUT, i want to also see other bands on the main stage. Its all very well having the tents, but that will be of piss all use when you cant see the one thing we have over nearly every other festival.... the beautiful setting. that what is different to otherf estivals, Loch Ness.

I do agree that there could be more acts for the Friday, but I suppose it just means the Flaming Lips will have a longer set...

And Alvin is right, Bench Buddah knows all!

Oh and GIRUY yourself dick head.

aw naw, you don't want to go into the tents because you'll miss the beautiful setting. Woe is f**king you.

Could do with some more acts, but since the two already there promise to be brilliant (Flaming Lips even more so), I don't really give two shites.

No, you know thats not what im saying. you dont have to comment on the topic with daft answers.

Ultimately on the friday night only two bands are playing on the main stage. the same main stage that has some of the best views over the loch, and one of the bargaining chips that Rockness has over other festivals.

but hey ho, im there, so will see what happens.