New Announcement

Guest Paul ™

MORE LINE-UP ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR BELLA

Bella has announced that London indie outfit Noah And The Whale who provided one of last summer’s top ten hits ‘5 years time’, will attend the event. Also now scheduled to make appearances at the event are: Edinburgh’s Broken Records, who release their debut album this summer; Bristol folk-rock outfit Babel; rising alternative stars Healthy Minds Collapse; sweet pop exponents and NME Radar tourists Magistrates: Nashville song-writers Tommy Womack and Phil Lee; Glasgow surf rock act Sparrow & The Outfit; and the wonderfully mesmerizing Hatcham Social. These join previously announced headliners Editors and Ocean Colour Scene plus a raft of other acts including: The Saw Doctors, Shed 7, British Sea Power, Seth Lakeman, Alabama 3, Sons & Daughters, Glen Tilbrook & The Fluffers, Peatbog Faeries, The Treacherous Orchestra, Lau, The Dangleberries, Transglobal Underground, De Votchka, Edward II, 3 Daft Monkeys, The Wallbirds, Kid Carpet, Tommy Reilly, Sam Isaac, The Lost Brothers and Scooty & The Skyhooks. Saturday tickets for the festival are now on sale.

YOU’LL BE BLOWN AWAY BY MR METHANE!YOU’LL BE BLOWN AWAY BY MR METHANE!

Joining the alternative performance bill in the Venus Flytrap this year is Mr Methane who made an appearance in the current Britain’s Got Talent series.

Styling himself ‘The King of Farts’, Mr Methane is the world’s only performing flatulist, using the same technique the 19th Century Frenchman Le Patomane employed to produce musical farts. Mr Methane has toured the world – literally ‘working his passage’ .

SWEATY BELLASWEATY BELLA

If you’ve overindulged a little listening to our fantastic Friday bill, you can rectify matters on Saturday by taking part in Sweaty Bella, a mountain bike race for all ages which capitalizes on some of the beautiful country around Belladrum. Open only to festival ticket-holders, Sweaty Bella has been designed by Steve Macdonald from Square Wheels (Strathpeffer), the motive force behind the gruelling annual 24 hour Strathpuffer race. The course will be timed laps over three miles and will last about two hours. There will be a race for 10 to 14-year-olds and 15-year-olds upwards.Riders will encounter a mix of forest road, single track paths and wooden features. Registrations (£10 plus booking fee and postage) will can be made via the Belladrum tickets page on www.thebooth.co.uk in advance or participants may register on the day if there are places left. Besides the two main races, a variety of other prizes will be on offer.

BEQUEST: FIND THE £10,000 BURIED TREASURE!BEQUEST: FIND THE £10,000 BURIED TREASURE!

The story runs that a £10,000 gold and diamond mouse is buried somewhere in Scotland, a love token seemingly hidden by Robbie Burns for his lover, ‘Clarinda’. Letters and a painting that give clues as to its whereabouts are published on a web site. The race is on to solve the bard’s cryptic billet doux and unearth the precious jewel! Whether the story is fact or fantasy, the mouse is a reality. In order to find it, treasure seekers must log on to a web site www.burnsbequest.co.uk. Registration is free and if you come to Bella, you will have a head-start on other treasure-seekers when the final clues are published at the event.

COMPLETE THE SURVEY AND WIN TWO FREE TICKETSCOMPLETE THE SURVEY AND WIN TWO FREE TICKETS

The Association of Independent Festivals, of which Bella is a member, is conducting a survey of all its members’ audiences. Click here to complete the brief survey and you may be the lucky winner of the draw for two adult weekend tickets to Bella. The deadline for this is 30th May.

DID YOU LOSE YOUR WEDDING RING AT BELLA?DID YOU LOSE YOUR WEDDING RING AT BELLA?

Besides 450 tent pegs that metal detector Eric Soane pulled out of the ground where the red campsite at Bella is positioned, a gold wedding ring appeared. If you have lost a wedding ring, please email

info@tartanheartfestival.co.uk

with details of the inscription and we will return the ring to you if it matches.

yaas, mr methane :)

Well, the wish lists were building up on another thread here but the organisers have surpassed expectation with Mr Methane!!! Reassuring that there is no limitation in making sure we have the very best of entertainment this year. Still, I'm sure the kids will enjoy anything fart related and hopefully there's no more bum notes in the announcements.......... apologies for the shocking pun!!!

Well, the wish lists were building up on another thread here but the organisers have surpassed expectation with Mr Methane!!! Reassuring that there is no limitation in making sure we have the very best of entertainment this year. Still, I'm sure the kids will enjoy anything fart related and hopefully there's no more bum notes in the announcements.......... apologies for the shocking pun!!!

Was reading an advert for bella today in one of the papers up here and there were some other acts announced for the festival as well, two I can think of right now were Toploader & Pearl & the Puppets. More annoyingly,for me anyway, was that I couldn't see The Phantom Band anywhere on the lineup,hopefully I just missed them though.

Dananananaykroyd and Little Comets & Official Secrets Act :D My 13 year old will be buzzing to hear this :D

Now they just need to add Bat For Lashes, Mystery Jets & IAMX and I'd be very happy indeed.

Edited by saraha

• 2 weeks later...

Toploaders one hit wonder was 'dancing in the moonlight' i really hope that my ears don't come into contact with that song over the weekend, after being released as a single about 6 times and being on numerous annoying adverts, i can't stand it! :)

would love if toploader got their slot swapped with shed 7 so i can see both the editors and shed 7, can't decide which one to finish the friday off with, seen editors a few times and think they will be great on the mainstage to finish the first night, but don't want to miss disco down and bit of 90's britpop nostalgia either :)

is that the line-up pretty much complete then (apart from the seedlings stage) or does anyone reckon there will be a few more surprises/additions? am loving Golden Silvers album just now, and the Noisettes, would be good to see either of them added, and while i'm rattling out my wishlist, any of the following would also make me extremely happy...... Maccabees, Delays, Mystery Jets, Turin Brakes, The Bees, Air Traffic, Sunshine Underground, The Music, Rumble Strips...........