you know youv'e picked the wrong person to go with when....

Guest srvman

he says the specials, madness, rolf and tom jones are on his 2nd choice list :)

he said in no terms hes remotley interested in seeing "the aussie"

my response...well you can f**king sleep in ...

ps...on the list of people hes interested in,,,,,lady gaga, dizzie rascal.....i dont think he gets it the virgin

pps...doesnt know who neil young is...

Edited by srvman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw...FFS.

I think I have kinda succumbed to the fact that I will be spending most of Glasto away from my gang cos they are a miserable bunch o'buggers who keep coming out with "oh, Im not that impressed" "i think its the sh*ttest line up in years" "Im gonna stay home and look after the kids, its more entertaining"and "Just as well its not all about the music"

Some people should just be grateful for what they got and check out something they wouldn't have done otherwise...

I totally sympathise with you.

:)

There is a set buddy matchmaker thing over on the glasto mfg I would post a link but it always goes wrong :) - basically it is for times like this when you and your mates want to splito so you can arrange to go see something with someone or someone(s) else - go add your name to the lists! :(

That's why I go on my own!

Thing is, if none of your gang want to see something you want to, there's bound to be someone at the cider meet that does!

the specials, madness, rolf and tom jones? They are all on my primary list, indeed I've bought Ska t-shirt, mod shades, pork pie and toy sax that blows bubbles (ok the eagle eyed will notice I've mentioned that a few times today!) for Madness and The Specials, if you wanna meet up give me a shout!

Oh and Rolf Harris chatted up my mum circa 1959, so I want a word with him :)

Tell your miserable friend to f**k off and go and do your own thing. It's a line up that's got something for everyone - go and make some new friends - have been out with friends this evening and we agreed it was like a skiing holiday - go and do what you want to do & hook up with like minded people. Enjoy!!

he says the specials, madness, rolf and tom jones are on his 2nd choice list :)

he said in no terms hes remotley interested in seeing "the aussie"

my response...well you can f**king sleep in ...

ps...on the list of people hes interested in,,,,,lady gaga, dizzie rascal.....i dont think he gets it the virgin

pps...doesnt know who neil young is...

Hey, I know the feeling.

All of my friends were short of money and couldn't get a ticket, so I'm landed with some "acquaintances". They refuse to go on the Wednesday, and initially on the Thursday too.

They want to see Lady Gaga.

They are some of the most annoying people I've ever met.

I need to develop some avoidance strategies.

i know where you are coming from, but the conversation went something like this...

me:you see the line up...

x:yeh

me: pretty lgood, cant wait to see madness, tom jones, rolf harris, spinal tap, be a good laugh..

x: just seen dizzie, lady gaga is on the bill, mate all of those are not even like first choice, 2nd choice at a push

me: you kidding?

x: no, dizzie rascal will be awesome as will lady gaga, dont want to see the aussie...tom jones a bit passed it maybe? dont know if madness will be good fun or not....

me:serious?

x: yeah...whats on same time as rolf...

me: nothing important...

x: think ill just sleep in...

me: i really think you should just come for a laugh...

x: nah ill be pretty tired after friday...

me: well what you planning doing on friday..

x:dunno whos on...

me: bloc party or neil young, i think ill be at neil young...

x:oh i donno, might just see act before and go to bed...

me: before the headliner

x:yeah save myself for saturday...

me:but your sleeping in on saturday?

x: yeah but itll be a long day...

me: LMAO, ah f**k your hilarious sometimes and i dont even think you notice lol

etc etc

etc etc

:)

God I also have this problem!!!!! I am goin with someone who is younger than me (my cousin) and my uncle, I have to make sure my cousin is safe, yet he doesn't really want to see the same people as I do. I cant let him go off on his own, and he will make a big fuss if i dont comprimise. What to do???

How about a mate who keeps you waiting six hours before eventually coming to collect you on Wednesday for the drive down, then after agreeing to go home on Monday goes home on Sunday night - before the final acts. :( Needless to say I stayed and got the train next day.

Going with him again this year - well in so far as we'll probably be camping in the same area. I shall have my transport alternatives planned in advance not involving him! :)

But needless to say while down there we often do our own thing at times, see different bands, which is cool as you're never going to like the same stuff. Even in trash city I'll be hanging out in that little living room area for a sing-song, while he'll be going nuts in the dance tenty bit.

Really looking forward to it all now...just looked at the clashfinder and was dead sad when I got through to Sunday night!