2 questions for Mr Wychwood

Guest no smoke without fire

Returning for 3rd year Mr W ! Last year my friend had to cancel as he had just had an operation. He is coming this year but he can't walk very far, he isn't registered disabled yet but walking any distance causes him a lot of pain. We have a live in vehicle ticket. What is the closest we can camp to the music arena ? and is there any chance of reserving this spot?

My friend can only stay friday and saturday night and then depart I presume for him to camp we will have to buy a full weekend ticket rather than one for friday and saturday ?

Last year we had one friend lose his wallet with £250 in as he ZZZZded the early hours of Saturday morning. I had another friend drop his wallet with £340 at the bar and someone used his driving licence to identify him and return the the wallet ( he then proceeded to buy everyone at the festival a drink ....I exaggerate). A long with my 2 questions I wanted to alert everyone coming to the festival for the 1st time that Friday night/ Saturday morning has become a time when the thieves target tents where they can hear snoring. I also wanted to not put any one off by telling the other side of human nature. Neither of my friends needed that sort of money, to eat, drink or be merry. So bring a realistic amount of cash and look after it !!

Quick reply Mr W please.

Returning for 3rd year Mr W ! Last year my friend had to cancel as he had just had an operation. He is coming this year but he can't walk very far, he isn't registered disabled yet but walking any distance causes him a lot of pain. We have a live in vehicle ticket. What is the closest we can camp to the music arena ? and is there any chance of reserving this spot?

My friend can only stay friday and saturday night and then depart I presume for him to camp we will have to buy a full weekend ticket rather than one for friday and saturday ?

Last year we had one friend lose his wallet with £250 in as he ZZZZded the early hours of Saturday morning. I had another friend drop his wallet with £340 at the bar and someone used his driving licence to identify him and return the the wallet ( he then proceeded to buy everyone at the festival a drink ....I exaggerate). A long with my 2 questions I wanted to alert everyone coming to the festival for the 1st time that Friday night/ Saturday morning has become a time when the thieves target tents where they can hear snoring. I also wanted to not put any one off by telling the other side of human nature. Neither of my friends needed that sort of money, to eat, drink or be merry. So bring a realistic amount of cash and look after it !!

Quick reply Mr W please.

Hallo! Well I was just passing so happy to answer your questions straight away! Campervans need to be in the campervan area unfortunately, so you can park as close as you can in there to the path up to the festival. Sorry we cannot reserve spots, but if you speak to the stewards on arrival I'm sure they will do their upmost to help. The disabled camping area is the closest to the festival village if he prefers to tent it in there.

If he is coming for the Friday and Saturday he can camp on the night of the ticket ie Friday night and Saturday night, and be off the campsite by 12 noon on Sunday, so probably the cheapest option if he's not gonig to the festival on Sunday.

Thieves, yes Wychwood is no different from any other festival and festivals have become the target of thieves looking for easy pickings. 99.9% of the folk at Wychwood are decent, but it only takes one or two with thieving on their mind. As you say, do not bring what you can't afford to loose. We have cashpoints on site so you don't need to carry wads of cash with you. Also this year we will be running a FREE locker service on the campsite with Friends of the Earth Birmingham who have done this with 100% success at many festivals in the last couple of years...leave all your valuables there including cash and there will be nothing to steel! We will also have much more security on the campsite with watch towers etc, so if any of the miscreants have got in we will do all we can to get them!

I must stress that Wychwood is still one of the safest festivals and bar from the small amount of tent thefts there is no other crime on site...please use the facilities mentioned above this year, and together we hope that we have a totally clean bill of health this year...

I love these forums, how did we ever, etc. etc. etc. :lol:

Anyway, great news about lock ups, I was thinking about this last night, related to my additional question below.

Do you know if the Racecourse site has any wifi? I am thinking of slingboxing the Lions first match on the Saturday. I realise it is of limited interest, unlike the football, so wouldn't expect a cinema tent to become my own personal viewing booth. It's not a test match, just a tour match. I could easily take the wifes laptop and sit in the ticket sales bit or next to the grandstand if it is a "hotspot" for wifi.

Cheers, NS

Ladies and Gents,

Gloucestershire Constabulary hope you have a great time at this years festival.

We have some crime prevention advice which may hopefully be of some assistance:

Visit My Website

Please consider before coming to Wychwood whether you actually need to bring your laptop or expensive camera with you.

Leaving such expensive items in your tent isnt a good idea, neither is leaving them on the back seat of your car covered with an anti-theft coat ! :huh:

If you do bring such expensive items, as soon as you have finished using them, store them safely in the on-site valuables depositry - its FREE !

And remember, there are cashpoints on site that will be refilled regulary so there is no need to bring large amounts of cash with you.

Enjoy !

The Lock Ups is exactly why I am even considering bringing a laptop. If there were no lock ups I would not even think of it. As it is I am going to check out the times of the match and what it clashes with and consider popping into town and watching it in a pub - and yes, CheltPolice, I will walk/taxi not drink/drive :)

The Lock Ups is exactly why I am even considering bringing a laptop. If there were no lock ups I would not even think of it. As it is I am going to check out the times of the match and what it clashes with and consider popping into town and watching it in a pub - and yes, CheltPolice, I will walk/taxi not drink/drive :P