the libertines..

Guest nickoo

Yeah fair point.

I always miss secret gigs tho, caught one in camden a few weeks ago with the king blues tho, but i always miss them in Glasto, right nickooooooooooooooooooo, what are the chances of finding out and letting us know on the morning before? you could post it on here via mobile phone :D

ill get you a crate of brothers if youre in for it :)

Yeah fair point.

I always miss secret gigs tho, caught one in camden a few weeks ago with the king blues tho, but i always miss them in Glasto, right nickooooooooooooooooooo, what are the chances of finding out and letting us know on the morning before? you could post it on here via mobile phone :D

ill get you a crate of brothers if youre in for it :)

• 10 years later...

I saw them just before Christmas in Bristol, and it's safe to say there is no sign of any new material. I've basically seen the same setlist for last several times I've seen them.

Doubt they'll have any new material by the summer, so I don't think we'll be seeing them this year. Probably for the best really, as there is danger that they are starting to turn into a heritage band.

8 hours ago, big__phil said:

I saw them just before Christmas in Bristol, and it's safe to say there is no sign of any new material. I've basically seen the same setlist for last several times I've seen them.

Doubt they'll have any new material by the summer, so I don't think we'll be seeing them this year. Probably for the best really, as there is danger that they are starting to turn into a heritage band.

I'm a Libertines fan and sort of think that they've already hit that status. But then again the 3rd album was much better than the low standards I expected so who knows. Maybe this prolonged time together as a band will actually get Carl and Pete's creative juices flowing again. They have split themselves thin though over the mid and smaller sized festivals so even headlining the JPT might be a stretch. Though if its Kendrick/PSB or Taylor/PSB headlining the Pyramid and Other as expected then as a guitar option they could fit. I was at both Phoenix and Interpol's headline sets and the crowd were sparse but they were both up against big guitar acts on the Pyramid/Other I suppose.

9 hours ago, kingbadger said:

....Maybe this prolonged time together as a band will actually get Carl and Pete's creative juices flowing again....

I hope you're right, but sadly I doubt it. There was talk of them writing together back in the summer time I think, but there's been nothing since.

I know they're easy to mock, but it's kind of the sad that the most exciting band of their generation are seemingly just fizzling out. Oh well, fingers crossed these summer dates are in support of some sort of new material.

2 hours ago, big__phil said:

I hope you're right, but sadly I doubt it. There was talk of them writing together back in the summer time I think, but there's been nothing since.

I know they're easy to mock, but it's kind of the sad that the most exciting band of their generation are seemingly just fizzling out. Oh well, fingers crossed these summer dates are in support of some sort of new material.

It's hard to tell, they've done this whole Margate thing which is a bit odd and can't exactly see it as being profitable. I can only imagine its cos they've all actually settled down a bit and just want to have a good life. The complete opposite of what got them firing out two top albums in the first place, let's just hope being at the opposite side of the spectrum somehow has the same effect.