Glade 2009

Guest r0cky

i'm gonna pass this year, kinda wanna see how it goes at the bowl!

don't be put off by lack of efesters speaking up, there was an 'old crew' who were mad keen on it, think a few were banned, maybe i scared a few off, but i would guess most of 'em are still going :D

there's also nuskoolbreaks & the multitude of psy boards.

ofcourse i will just die if you guys get the heatwave & i'm not there :D . enjoy :D

I was checking out some photos and aerial views of the site at the bowl. It looks like we're in for a bit of a walk from the carpark to the site, and up a (what looks like) a steep hill? Will miss Wasing Estate and the short, and flat, walk from the carparks, and the trees!

Will be my third Glade this year, managed to luckily avoid 2007, so let's hope for another heatwave!!

you no been homelands? it's not that far, it seems further walking back when spangled lol. i actually thought wasing was a trek, aiming for i.d.spiral but vegging out near the breaksday.

if you can get maps on site that's better 'cos homelands had 2 carparks i think, 1 was also the coach park. i got it wrong one year so had to walk all the way back & out again, now THAT was long!

I kept meaning to go to homelands, we always talked about it, but for one reason or another it never happened! :)

Wasing was a trek if you wanted to camp near ID spiral, that's for sure. I worked before, and carpark was pretty close to crew camping, and if you got onsite early enough, you could drive to where you pitched!

Last year I bought my ticket (wanted to enjoy the entire time, not have to do shifts), and I must say, we walked a little bit in from the carparks, and pitched up under the first huge tree. Unfortunately was directly opposite Cum+Play, which seemed to crank it up at 9AM just as we'd got to bed, lol. Even earplugs didn't do much. My mate kept swearing he was going to drag his tent 'as is' across the site to get away from that - but doubt he had the energy! :)

Edited by r0cky

• 2 weeks later...

Been kindly offered a ticket by Ravetalk...

see you there folks.

Not sure if the old crew you speak of is there this year, hope so. Will be nice getting silly in a field like we used to.

Wasnt planning on going at all as I cant afford it so got to find out lots. Being back at Matterley for the first time in 7 years is going to be weird I can tell you! As long as it doesnt rain monumentally because I had the worst night of my life there back in 2000 and I have been to nearly every wet Glasto since 97!!! Homelands 2000 WAS HELL ON EARTH!!!

fingers crossed for good weather.

Usually I have a contract with the sun, it must come out to the festivals that I go :D

Edited by A-Rob

oh yeah booked my ticket yesterday, going to be off the chain!

Last year was quality aswell, although me thinks the sunshine is going to glare down upon us, the life juice that is!

Anyone know what the bowl is like? Good venue?

We are going to be filming there for out website so hopefully spot some of you there!! http://www.tellallmyfriends.com

Woop woop cannot waut!

• 2 weeks later...

For Sale - Glade Ticket

£100

I have a spare Glade ticket for sale – £20 less than original ticket price (trying to get rid of it so I don’t lose out on the money)

The ticket needs to be collected on the gate. I can email what you’ll need to get in.

Contact Hannah: 07854815203 / hannah.austin1984@hotmail.co.uk