Anyone else coming from Australia?

Guest rich005

If you're in London on the 18th June make sure you get to Stonehenge on the night of the 20th for Summer Solstice. Is an awesome time to check out the stones with thousands of people staying up to see the sunrise.
Edited by anx

Yeh we're coming over again (weeeee!!!) more or less just for the glasto but we do something else special while we're there as well. My workmates think we're stoopid for only going over for 2 weeks-ish but hey life's too short and they're boring aaas anyhowz. Ticket sales willing we will definitely be there next year for the 40th too.

It's good to get away from the Melbourne dark and cold time and go to 16 hour daylight days - bliss. [i said this to a local at the fest last year and he laughed - but then he watches Neighbours and Home & Away (I never have myself) so no doubt thinks there's nothing but blue skies here all the time.]

Anyone else feeling oh so every so slightly fretful that the tickets may not arrive in time (my name starts with W too ...always last)? Last year it was stand in the queue for 3 hours (longer for others). Parking Nazi made one of us stay in the car while the other stood in the queue. She was so officious that I didn't dare get out to go for a p*** just crossed my legs for 3 hours - which was kind of silly I spose. Not sure which one I prefer - stand in long queue/cross legs in car OR stress over if the tickets will arrive in time......

Advice to new Aussies - basically don't be a 'look at me I'm an Aussie, I drink beer and talk loud' Dick. Enjoy, relax and love the farm.

I'll tell you aussies something, you should all be utterly ashamed of yourselves.

One of the greatest artists of all time, Nick Cave, is from your shores and yet your country has NEVER supported him by getting one of his many fantastic albums to number one. I guess you are all too busy buying Kylie albums huh.

Unbelievable.

No wonder he left Australia at the earliest opportunity.

The late nights with all the light are still doing my head in 3 weeks after leaving Oz...still cant get used to it. You's lot arriving in June is just going to really confuse folkies! Leaving 5pm winter darkness to it still being light at 10.30pm in Blighty is very confusing but bloody brilliant at the same time. And add to that all the wonderful English, green lushness of the countryside...tis a very good thing indeed. Get as much of that extra light as possible and enjoy every minute of it. :)

• 3 weeks later...
The late nights with all the light are still doing my head in 3 weeks after leaving Oz...still cant get used to it. You's lot arriving in June is just going to really confuse folkies! Leaving 5pm winter darkness to it still being light at 10.30pm in Blighty is very confusing but bloody brilliant at the same time. And add to that all the wonderful English, green lushness of the countryside...tis a very good thing indeed. Get as much of that extra light as possible and enjoy every minute of it. ;)