Info for first timer...

Guest ptkdon

How's it going guys? I'm planning on heading to Belladrum for the first time. The website isn't that great so can someone pass on any onfo here?

How big is the campsite (do you have to get there early for a good spot?)

Is it a long walk from the carpark to the campsite to the arena bit?

Are there any restricitions apart from the obvious no glass etc?

Are the toilets bearable?(!)

and...

Is it any good?!! :blink:

How's it going guys? I'm planning on heading to Belladrum for the first time. The website isn't that great so can someone pass on any onfo here?

How big is the campsite (do you have to get there early for a good spot?)

Is it a long walk from the carpark to the campsite to the arena bit?

Are there any restricitions apart from the obvious no glass etc?

Are the toilets bearable?(!)

and...

Is it any good?!! :blink:

Absolutely ace festival, very very family orientated with a huge proportion of folks there with kids from babes in arms to big kids like me at 33, we take our two and they love it, don't let that put you off though as it really adds to the vibe of the whole place.

Not too big and not too small IMO is how it should be described, lots of fringe goings on from street theatre to impromptu gigs under the big tree.

I implore you to go and you will never want to miss it.

Heres a couple of site pics for you:

2s1pued.jpg

25857ba.jpg

Its one of those places where everything is good, was crap weather the first time we went and it was still good so last years near perfection weather made it all the better.

The main stage is also cracking and is set at the bottom of gardens like an ampitheatre and it is great standing up on the stairs watching bands from on high or meadering down to the stage itself.

Belladrum is so good it even made me enjoy Scouting for girls.................................

I'll answer more at length here.

You wont have to be too early for a good spot, Friday morniong will be good enough, but Thursday night is good fun. I think the campsite holds around 12,000 as I said. Any Saturday ticket holders can camp till the Sunday so it gets a bit busier, shove the locals in and it can get realy busy on the Saturday night.

Not a long walk from the car to campsite, 10 mins at most, probably less.

Obvious restrictions with glass bottles and stuff, they actualy search your bags more than T. The security comes from Manchester and they're very good and fair. The same firm does Loopallu festival.

The toilets are pretty good. Never had a problem with them and they're clean enough. Urinals for the guys, and the girls find the portaloos fine. Nothing like manky T.

And yes, it's very, very good. They value the punters unlike the big festivals.

Thanks very much guys, I'll be going based on those (p)reviews. As for Scouting for girls, I'm not sure the best festival in the world would make me enjoy that!! Looking forward to Shed seven though, unlike many others!! :)

Are you allowed to take drink into the venue or is it campsite as usual?

Whats the story with the TeePee's in the pictures? Do you have to pre-book them and how much are they?

Same as myself, but there are only the 2 of us planning to go to Belladrum, my g/f and me. Hopefuly get a few more to agree to come but if not I'm sure we'll have a good laugh just the two of us. Any other festival I've been to there has always been a big group of us so it might be a nice change!

what are you on about?username got banned?as for who i'd have,the stranglers certainly,wishbone ash,fish,jethro tull would do this sort of thing,nazareth,sensational alex harvey band,the brilliant irish band in tua nua(who played jings in dingwall 20 years ago)soulsec,get jefferson starship back as they are one of the few good bands to have played there over the years,the pirates.that would do for a start.

A stunning line up - if this was back in 1970's!! (with exception of Fish - who belongs there - and In Tua Nua, who I agree were brilliant but unfortunately disbanded).

I hate to mention that we are in 2009 and things have moved on. I'm all for a bit of nostalgia but Bella's music is eclectic and varied and not meant to be a prog rock worship.

Will let you have SAHB though!! :(