Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest butchwade

2009 Line Up

Well pop pickers - it looks like the line up is just about complete, and mighty fine it's looking too, so it's time to start fretting about who's playing when.

I've already hit a problem with Sunday, as I ALWAYS get Zuton fever, but the according to the New Beautiful South's website they are headlining inside so there's my big clash.

What's a poor boy to do?! :unsure:

My absolute must see's are The Streets, Joy Formidable, The Qemists, Airborne Toxic Event, Bon Iver and Mystery Jets.

But I shall definately be checking out a lot of names on that list, hopefully with minimal clashing!

Could be the best SS yet?

Three of the bands that i REALLY want to see are:

Idlewild, Mystery Jets & Dananananaykroyd.

They are all on the friday, i can't make the friday this year. major weeps! I'm so glad Bon Iver is not on the friday too, otherwise i would be dumbstruck with who i am missing!

there seems to be a distinct lack of coverage thus far on the website / posters for the "local" acts....this never used to be the case.

In past years, announcements about local acts haven't been made to May/June. I think the fact that's it's earlier this year can only be a good thing.

Sean

yeah, this is the earliest local acts announcement yet. circa 2005, bands like redcarsgofaster never made the posters.

give it time young gavin, the posters are made by a graphic design company, its not worth re-paying them each time a line up announcement is made. instead. they just do one poster at the launch and one when the line up is finalised

(*I guess).

there seems to be a distinct lack of coverage thus far on the website / posters for the "local" acts....this never used to be the case.

Im impressed you think I may have heard of them AND know the answer. Im sure they're very good (goes off to check!)

edit

Yup, shall be catching some of that action

Im impressed you think I may have heard of them AND know the answer. Im sure they're very good (goes off to check!)

edit

Yup, shall be catching some of that action

yunioshi are a great band, the hello thor people speak very highly of them. i like them v much, and was saddened they didnt win the bbc competition last year.

I can absolutely guarantee it - apart from a splash during Gomez three years ago, it's never rained at SSW and it never will :)

I can absolutely guarantee it - apart from a splash during Gomez three years ago, it's never rained at SSW and it never will :)

Hi all,

Are The Breakdowns playing Summer Sundae? Really surprised about this, but great news. Seen them in London and Liverpool. Looks like a wonderful line up for my sophomore visit to Summer Sundae.

Oh yes it did aswell! I was the lucky bugger to be at the edge of the mainstage canopy and got drenched when it had stopped raining and randomly started running off the top.

It was pissing it down during Dodgy's set on the main stage, but it really didn't make a difference. They were still fooking awesome. I think it stopped briefly during Staying Out For The Summer as well. Perfect.

Is it August yet????