Y-Not Festival - what sort of fest is it?

Guest VWgirl

Hi all, am looking for a local (to us) festival this year, for various reasons, and I've just read about the Y-Not Festival, which would suit us fine in terms of travelling distance. Thing is, I've never heard of ANY of the bands in the line-up, so I have no idea whether we're talking heavy rock, classical flute-playing, or folk. Anybody been to this fest who can give me some low-down on what sort of music there is, and also what the general vibe is -- age range, trendy or folksy, noisy or peaceful, etc. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

It was excellent i must say, a cracking little festival. A real warm, friendly festival vibe, small in size, good range of acts, excellent value for money and cheap beer prices!

i wasn't too sure what to expect of this but after 12 years of festival going i had the best weekend ever at a festival at Y Not this year. The mud bath was a bit of a pain getting about but as any true festival goer knows the weather is incidental to having a good time!

i will definately be going again next year.

• 3 months later...