Best Glade experience

Guest Brizzle

aye it's very subjective to the music you like, the weather & other things :D

but if you're not offended by psy-trance* & it's hot, you might find yourself staying where the dust, the hay & the open air music is. it's all about bare-foot dancing :) . must be something in it 'cos why would people go out in the hottest part of the day & stay there until night? i reckon many people stayed there when they should've got some food & drink!

when they had the sancho-panza tent that was like a little sanctuary, medium size semi-open tent that allowed the breeze in, gave shade & had some mad funky music.

you go to glade for serious music but it differs to somewhere like, oh, fabric where you have some ubers-i'm-too-cool-for-this-shit - at glade everyone is just dead chuffed to be there so none of these snooty people. charver population quite small & even if they were there the ones there for the music were sound types too :) . aye, sound....

*ofcourse this'd be great whatever music they had at 'open air stage'.

even the chillout areas play some superb deep ambient that takes you on a journey (while on your back, looking at the sky!)

• 2 weeks later...

Glade is not the kind of festival to have a single best moment, but the general "we will party on no matter what happens" vibe of 07 was very special. Id been to Glasto a few weeks earlier and come close to giving up on festivals due to the lack of enthusiasism from the crowd, Glade dealt with harsher conditions vastly better..... reignited the fire in me so too speak.

• 1 month later...

Tbh...I think this year may beat em all with the addition of all the added stuff like Arcadia & The Rabbit Hole..ok havent been since 06 so apologies if these were present since then...but Arcadia at Glasto the other weekend was unreal and with this festy being only 10k or so folkies compared to the 175k at Glasto, and in the lovely Matterley Bowl...as long as it doesnt rain...cos the Bowl is horrific if it does...it should be a very very interesting weekend indeedy!

Not been to the Bowl since 03...looking forward to going back...unless theres storms forecast...eep! Note the name of the site...B O W L... :P

But Glade is usually a sunny hot affair...and very very crazy!

Edited by LusciousLucy