The Magic Numbers

Guest llcoolphil

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since the unfortunate nazi episode, but just a copy of the post from a year ago

'Time for a bit of a restatement of the basic rules of the board, I feel.

In the five* now six* years that that I've moderated the board, I have attempted, however imperfectly, to try and help it reflect the ethos of the festival, and to provide a space for people to continue their festival experience through the year, namely

* Open, friendly, welcoming to all, a place to make new friends

* Basic courtesy

* If you're going to clique it up, which frankly is inevitable when people know each other, at least acknowledge that you're doing it

* Easy on the bad language

* If a question gets asked, its gets answered

* If you get into a fight with someone, use the PM function, not the board

* Use emoticons to define your tone - that's what they're for. And if somene mistinterprets your tone, explain.

* Disagree all you like, dislike the festival all you like (even complain its not as good as it used to be if you have a penchant for hoary old chestnuts ) but lay of the personal insults, which will get edited if they get out of hand

How hard can that be? I for one despair of the some of the sheer nastiness in some of the other threads and have no wish for this one to go that way. This is supposed to be fun, somewhere to brighten up a boring day... '

Edited by RichardH